The airDAC is the latest addition to the rSeries and allows you to network any audio system to an Apple Airplay enabled music source. The airDAC is the only audiophile quality Airplay enabled device in the market and also features a secondary digital audio input. It has a SPDIF output that can be connected to a reference quality DAC like the Arcam FMJ D33.
The Arcam rSeries products are all about getting the best sound from any digital device. These products can be used with any audio system and are a brilliant way of bringing 21st century tech into your home.
The airDAC benefits from Arcam's more than twenty years of digital audio expertise and use the finest quality parts in a layout that is optimized for low noise and distortion. A dejittering design that Arcam has used in many of the reference class FMJ products is applied to all inputs. The four-layer PCB allows the designers to maximize the quality of the ground plane in order to further reduce interference between components. The use of multiple low noise separately regulated power supplies ensures that you get the cleanest signal to the audiophile quality output stage.
The airDAC's WiFi is compatible with 802.11 b/g/n but it also hosts a wired Ethernet (RJ45) connector for the most reliable results from your network. It comes in an elegant cast aluminum enclosure that reduces microphony effects and has a non-slip rubber base.
- Add Airplay & UPnP to any system
- SPDIF and optical digital inputs
- 24 bit / 192 kHz resolution
- Class leading line-level output
- SPDIF output
- High-end audio circuitry
- Stylish cast aluminium case
- DAC: TI PCM5102
- Inputs: Airplay / UPnP, SPDIF (Coax), Toslink Optical
- Frequency response: 10Hz — 20kHz, ±0.1dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise: 0.002%
- Signal-to-noise ratio (A –Weighted): 106dB (24-bit)
- Line output level: 2.15Vrms
- Supported sample rates: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz
- Bit depth: 16-bit, 24-bit
- Power requirements: 7W max
- Dimensions (wxdxh, mm): 190 x 120 x 44
- Weight: 1.1kg