After successfully launching the AK100 and the AK120 models, Astell&Kern asked themselves: “What is the ultimate sound quality?” After much consideration, they decided to move a step further with their goal. To deliver the sound “exactly as the artist had intended” for us to hear.
Moving from the AK100 to AK120, they implemented the Dual DAC setup to create better left and right channel separation with clearer sound quality. Astell&kern thought that the Dual DAC setup would be enough, but while developing the AK240, they felt the need to further improve sound quality in order to accurately reproduce the original sound recording.
After countless hours of research and testing, they were able to find the answer.
The answer was to create both a balanced output and native DSD playback through the Dual DAC setup.
Now with the AK240, Astell&Kern can say that they have gotten “that much closer” to the sound quality of the original recording.
- Dual Cirrus Logic CS4398 DAC (Dual DAC)
- XMOS Sound Process Enables Native DSD Playback up to 5.6 MHz
- 2.5mm Balanced Out + Optical (S-PDIF) Output Available via Optical Mini
- WVGA (480 x 800) AMOLED LCD Touchscreen
- High-Resolution Audio Playback up to 24bit/192kHz
- Use the AK240 as a USB DAC
- Network Playback via Wi-Fi (AK Connect)
- 10-Band, 0.5 dB Step Fully Customizable EQ
- 3,250 mAh 3.7V Li-Polymer Battery
- 256GB Internal Flash Memory + Single MicroSD Memory Card Support up to 256GB
- Bluetooth 4.0 with AptX Codec Support
- Includes Genuine Italian Leather Case