Designed for those who prefer performance with flexibility, the T 187 Surround Sound Preamp Processor is the perfect separate surround processor accompaniment to any high performance multi-channel power amplifier. Youll find support for all the latest video and surround sound formats, including full 3D video, along with all the control in this compact, streamlined chassis. Setting a new standard for quality and overall performance, the T 187 shows off NADs expertise in digital decoding. The T 187 also includes our proprietary Modular Design Construction (MDC) for the added convenience and flexibility of future upgrades.
MDC - True Innovation
End the frustration of having to replace your entire AV preamp processor just to keep pace with the ever-changing world of AV. Our most important recent innovation, MDC battles technology obsolescence by allowing you to upgrade the T 187 with new connectivity and features as new technology becomes available. Winner of the prestigious reddot Design Award, MDC should be at the top of your checklist.
'Music First' Audio
The T 187 offers decoding for all the latest surround formats including Dolby True HD, Dolby Digital Plus, and DTS-HD Master Audio, plus our very own critically acclaimed EARS (Enhanced Ambient Recovery System) digital surround mode. EARS produces impressively natural surround sound from two-channel recordings, without the artificial 'boing' that plagues other DSP modes. Weve also included a top-level 24-bit/192kHz Burr Brown DAC carefully selected for ultimate audiophile performance.
With support for the latest digital video technology including full support for 3D video up to 1080p, the T 187 is equipped to bring you outstanding video performance. We have carefully kept the video processing where it belongs-in your display- so the most pure signal is delivered without any processing or degradation. Analogue sources are converted to digital for simple one 'one wire' connection to HDMI equipped TVs, as well as features such as Consumer Electronic Control (CEC) and Audio Return Channel (ARC).
Radio gets a boost with the T 187s high-performance, 30 station preset RDS FM/AM tuner. A popular option is our IPD 2 Dock, which shows your iPod song information on the on-screen video display. Or for high quality digital radio, add our DB 2 digital DAB+ module (230V only). The T 187 is also XM ready (120V version).
Easy as 1,2,3 AV!
Our unique AV Presets allow custom setups for different types of sources and program material (drama, action, musical, etc.). For added convenience, you can rename inputs to match your particular components. Speaker set up is a snap using a supplied calibration microphone and Audyssey MultEQ XT room correction with custom NAD target response curves for the optimal level of performance.
Go Ahead and Connect It
A full suite of video switching, including seven HDMI inputs and two outputs, supports all the popular video formats. Integrating the T 187 into an advanced home automation system is made simple with IP Control, IR remote outputs, 12V triggers, and an RS-232 port. Other installer-friendly enhancements include three additional zones, all with independent source and volume and a simplified, second-zone remote. For NAD quality sound, dont be shy-spread it around.
- Holmgren Toroidal power supply with separate analog, digital and
- MDC Modular Design Construction allows future upgrades, includes
AM 200 Dual DSP Audio module and VM 150 and VM150X Video Modules
- Lossless decoding: Dolby True HD and DTS-HD Master Audio
- Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, ProLogic II, ProLogic IIx, DTS, DTS ES,
DTS 24/96, DTS NEO:6, EARS 2 and Stereo Enhanced Surround Modes
- Auto Setup and Calibration of all speaker settings using supplied microphone
- Audyssey MultEQ XT Room Correction with custom NAD developed target
- Audyssey Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ
- 5 A/V Custom Presets store unique speaker level and tone control settings
- Direct access speaker level adjustment for surround, center and subwoofer
- 7 Analog Stereo Audio Inputs (1 front panel)
- Media Player MP front panel input
- 3 Analog Video Inputs, all S-Video and Composite (1 front panel),
3 Component Video
- 6 Digital Audio Inputs, 3 Coax and 3 Optical
- 7 1080p HDMI Digital Audio/Video Inputs (1 front panel) and 2 HDMI Outputs
- Full 3D Video support
- Ethernet Port allows network control of the AV receiver
- CEC selectable by function and by input for maximum flexibility
- Audio Return Channel
- Cross Conversion of all analog video formats
- Analog video to HDMI Conversion
- 3 Analog Audio outputs, 2 assignable as Tape Out, or as Zone Out with
independent source and volume zzcontrol
- 3 Video Monitor Outputs, 2 HDMI, 1 Component
- 3 Analog Video Outputs, 2 Tape (Composite and S-Video) and 1 Zone
- Preamp Outputs for all 7.2 channels (2 Subwoofers)
- 2 Digital Outputs, 1 Coaxial, 1 TOS Link
- 7.1 Analog Input
- Digital Inputs available as 2 channel analog mixdown on Zone 2 Output
- Zone 2, 3 and Zone 4 Audio Output with independent source and
- ZR 4 Second Zone remote with discrete codes for independent zone
- IR input and 3 x IR outputs
- RS-232 port interface for advanced control systems
- 3 x 12V output triggers, 1 x 12V input
- RDS FM/AM Tuner with 40 freely assignable direct access presets
- XM Ready – just add outboard XM module
- HTR 8 Illuminated Learning Remote Control
- <0.5W Standby Power Consumption