We are authorized to sell Paradigm in our local market. If you are visiting our website from outside the Mid Atlantic region please go to Paradigm's website to find the name ofyour nearest dealer.
CS Series' high-quality driver components make an audible difference
Superior PTD Pure-Titanium Tweeter Domes.Ferro-fluid damped and cooled to ensure smooth high-frequency performance with amazing clarity across a wide listening area.
Superior Mineral-Filled Polypropylene Bass/Midrange Cones. Oversized computer-optimized ferrite magnets and high-power motor structures deliver detailed midrange performance with clean, extended bass. Even movie dialog is incredibly clean and clear.
What's New in CS Series v.3?
- Bezel free aesthetic delivers invisibility! Great sound, but out of sight which is exactly the point of custom!
- ABS clamps replace the original polymer mounting brackets, cutting down on installation time and simplifying installation.
- Pocketed screw holes in the flange help hold the drill steady. making the installer's job so much easier and faster.
- A slight slope in the baffle's flange prevents unsightly gaps around the install for an even better aesthetic!
- High-strength magnets hold grilles securely in place in the wall or ceiling.
- No masking requiredâthis makes the grilles faster and easier to paint, if painting is desired.
- Redesigned, Easy-access Binding Posts feature a larger wire access hole and connect via banana plug, pin or bare wire.
Same great sound. Faster, easier installation!
Our New High-Strength ABS Chassis and Clamp Systemaddresses the flexibility problem that plagues all walls and ceilings. ABS stiffness combats unwanted resonances and vibrations and equally important, the new clamp design makes the installer's job easier and faster! Simply push the speaker into the ceiling or wall and screw it in ... YES! It really is that simple (see illustrations below).
A behind-the-ceiling look at how our new ABS clamps work!
Without any unnecessary pressure or force, each turn of the screwdriver turns the clamp. We show the starting point, we show the screwdriver working to turn the clamp, and finally, we show the speaker locked into place inside the wall or ceiling. It doesn't get simpler or easier!
Two unique alternatives for great sound in challenging situations
Want rich, pure fidelity sound from a single speaker? Choose the CS-60R-SM
- Two PTDâ¢ Pure-Titanium High-Frequency Domes offset at 30Â° angles
- Dual Voice-Coil Mineral-Filled Polypropylene Bass/Midrange Cone
Our CS-60R-SM (stereo/mono) speaker is a solo performer. It offers rich pure-fidelity dual-channel L/R sound from a single speaker. Its Dual-Directional Soundfield provides wider-than-normal dispersion making it ideal for use in small rooms less suited to a stereo pair (Fig. 1), or where a single speaker is preferred. In larger spaces, using multiple "SM" speakers eliminates the sound imbalances that occur with separate stereo speakers as people move around, or are seated closer to one speaker than the other (Fig. 2). Also ideal for use as surround and/or rear speakers (Fig. 3).
A square grille is available at no charge for customers who desire a square aesthetic.
Want sound flooding into a very specific area of a room? Choose the CS-60R-30
The CS-60R-30's Guided Soundfield system allows you to guide a wide arc of sound toward a very specific area of the room, much the same way we guide a floodlight to fill an area with light. Drivers sit at a 30Â° angle from the ceiling allowing you to adjust the direction of sound (Fig. 4), without compromising the crucial sound dispersion pattern engineered between drivers, or the interaction between drivers and baffle. Sonic integrity is preserved. Two CS-60R-30's (or four!) are also ideal as surround/rear speakers. Guiding the sound towards the sides and/or the rear of the room ensures an enveloping surround sound experience (Fig. 5).
Paradigm Fireproof Backboxes
Paradigm in-ceiling applications can be spec'd for multiple dwelling units. Our backboxes meet the following requirements:
- 'One-Hour Fire-Rating' requirements
- 'For Use in Air Handling Spaces' requirements. Paradigm backboxes will contain fire, gas, smoke and heat within the enclosure for up to one hour.
Backboxes are sold separately.