High-quality materials, a classic design and love for details are the distinctive characteristics of this fully automatic record player. The massive and stable real wood plinth, which is available also with piano lacquer finish, provides the TD 240-2 with a timeless elegance.
This record player has been equipped with the new TP 19-1 tonearm and an extremely silent running precision belt drive beneath the platter, so that the other technical qualities are also most evident. Set-up and connections are effortlessly carried out so that the TD 240 is ready to play within minutes. Lovers of shellac (78) records will certainly welcome the three speeds.
The new TP 19-1 tonearm is designed to deliver improved performance as well as a far better look and feel. It adds significant value to the TD 240 and TD 190-1, which are now available as TD 240-2 and TD 190-2.
- Timeless elegance
- High-quality materials
- Classic design
- Love for details
- Massive and stable real wood plinth
- Gimbal mounting: The entire assembly is mounted on a non-warping aluminium frame. This precision bearing technology rests in ball races by means of hardened and polished steel needles. The same technology can also be found in navigation instruments (gyro) employed in aerospace.
- Counterweight: The counterweight includes a damper bush to decouple it from the arm tube to reduce colouration.
- Headshell: The headshell is manufactured from high-grade synthetic materials reinforced by carbon fibre for extreme stiffness and rigidity.
- Tracking force: After having achieved total equilibrium of the tone arm, tracking force is adjusted by means of a precision torsion spring. Its force is always the same with respect to magnitude and direction. It therefore does not matter if the record player is no totally level.