Pure Performance, Pure Value
Anthem's MRX A/V Receivers are about maximizing audio performance that previously has been unobtainable at their respective price points. Building on the feature set of our previous models, we've added the newest version of ARC Genesis, a redesigned and more accurate calibration microphone, Anthem's Web User Interface, integrated streaming support, object-oriented audio codecs with support for up to 15.2 channels and the clean power delivery Anthem is known for with up to 140 watts per channel.
The MRX 540, 740 and 1140 are a great way to bring premium audio to any home theater or media room. Seamlessly integrate your smart TV or projector with 7 dedicated 8K HDMI inputs that support 8K/60Hz or 4K/120Hz pass-through and 3 dedicated outputs with eARC. With MRX, you can enjoy 8K quality video from all of your 8K source devices in amazing clarity.
MRX 740 8K Features & Functions
Anthem’s MRX A/V Receivers are about maximizing audio performance that previously has been unobtainable at their respective price points. Building on the feature set of previous models, the MRX 740 8K now include:
- New Electronics platform, up to 11.2 pre-amplifier channels with 7 amplifier channels, HDMI 2.1 HDCP 2.3
- All object-oriented audio codecs have been updated to the latest version of DTS:X and Dolby Atmos.
- IMAX Enhanced
- ARC Genesis now features a more precise microphone, ensuring better results in any listening environment.
- Platform Agnostic Streaming with AirPlay2, Google Chromecast (Audio), Bluetooth v4.2, Spotify Connect and Roon (coming soon!)
- Reliable Networking Platform with web-based setup supporting over-the-air updates
- Next-Generation DSP Platform
- Modernized Design with high resolution front panel display
- Amp matrixing with up to 6 re-assignable channels & Two paralleled subwoofer outputs
- Independent HDMI Zone 2 output.
- 11.2 pre-amplifier channels with 7 amplifier channels. 140 watts per channel continuous power into 8 ohms.
- Amp matrixing with up to 6 re-assignable channels
- Two paralleled subwoofer outputs
- Auto Subwoofer Phase Adjustments (ARC Genesis)
- Auto Distance and Time Alignment (ARC Genesis)
- Latest Implementation of ARC Genesis
- Four Speaker Profile Memories
- 2” / 5 cm Speaker Distance Increments
- 0.5dB Level Increments
- Super Sub Front Setting
HDMI & Video:
- Dolby Vision
- IMAX Enhanced
- HDMI 2.1 & HDCP 2.3
- HDMI eARC
- 4:4:4 Subsampling @ 8K 60 Hz (18.2 Gbps)
- High Dynamic Range (HDR10+)
- Variable Refresh Rate (VRR)
- Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM)
- Quick Frame Transport
- Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG)
- BT.2020 Color Gamut
- 8K 60 Hz / 4K 120 Hz Switching
- Zone 2 HDMI Output
- Dual HDMI Outputs
- Standby Pass-Through
- Dolby Atmos
- Dolby HD
- DTS-HD Master Audio
- IP Control
- RS-232 Control
- IR Input
- Three 12V Trigger Outputs
- Pre-made Control Drivers
- Save and Load Settings
- Import and Export Settings
- Rackmount kit (sold separately)
- Apple Airplay
- Apple Airplay 2
- Google Chromecast Audio
- Spotify Connect
- Roon (coming soon!)
- Anthem Logic
- Dolby Surround
- DTS Neural:X
- DTS Virtual:X
- All Channel Stereo
- All Channel Mono
- Anthem Web User Interface
- Advanced Load Monitoring (ALM)
- 30 Input Configurations
- Input trim adjustments
- Power-on Input Assignment
- Auto Power Off
- Eco Mode (standby)
- Over-the-air Network updates
- USB updates
- Beta updates (over-the-air)
- Backlit Remote Control
At Anthem, our goal is to shape how you interact with your technology, so we went the extra mile to ensure no detail is overlooked while providing the utmost flexibility when it comes to device setup. Using a phone, tablet or laptop, owners can easily access any function or setting and make changes on the fly. Power the primary or secondary zone on and off, adjust volume, change audio modes, tweak channel trims and more, for a perfect surround sound experience. You're in control, and it's never been easier.
Advanced 8K HDMI Platform with e-ARC Support
Feel the power of every frame with the MRX Series and its advanced 8K HDMI 2.1 Platform with HDCP 2.3. Showcasing 7 dedicated 8K inputs which support 8K/60Hz or 4K/120Hz pass-through and 3 dedicated outputs with Enhanced Audio Return Channel, you can enjoy 8K quality video from all of your 8K source devices in amazing clarity. Also featuring the latest HDMI technology and specification, the MRX 540, 740 and 1140 allow you to take your home entertainment to the next level with HDR10+, Dynamic HDR10+, ALLM and VRR support. The possibilities are limitless; unlock the true potential of your media with the industry’s most flexible and feature-rich HDMI platform.
Experience Gaming Like Never Before on an MRX
It’s never been a more exciting time to be a gamer. With the latest consoles offering up to 4K/120Hz graphics, realistic HDR and Dolby Vision dynamic range, and immersive Dolby Atmos sound, you have to make sure your Home Theater gear won’t hold you back. Enter the MRX Series, our most feature-rich AV receivers to date!
The built in high performance amplifier modules can be configured in many ways to suit the specific speaker configuration. Unused amplifier channels can be re-assigned to Bi-Amplify demanding front speakers, power surrounds, presence speakers, or a second zone (Available on MRX 1140 and MRX 740).
Configure amplifier channels for your system's needs, then fully optimize the presentation with ARC Genesis.
Our latest Anthem MRX series features external control and IP control capabilities for easy customization and compatibility with third-party integration solutions. It offers IP control capability for major third-party control devices.
At Anthem, we have one simple goal – to design, engineer and manufacture audio/video products that deliver premium performance and convenience at a reasonable price. We do this by spending thousands of hours selecting and testing components, carefully designing our own circuit topologies, and backing them with robust power supplies that ensure maximum long-term quality and reliability. We achieve this with our team at the Paradigm/Anthem Research Center and their decades of combined experience.
Anthem Remote App
Gain unprecedented command over your network-enabled Anthem A/V Receiver, Processor or Pre-amplifier.
The Anthem Remote App uses a Wifi connection to simplify the configuration of supported Anthem devices. App-based controls include volume level, muting, input selection, power, listening modes, bass, treble, level trims, menu navigation, and Anthem Room Correction (ARC) control.
ARC Genesis is the newest software that works with many ARC enabled Anthem or Paradigm product. New features include support for both Mac and Windows; new target curve adjustment options including deep bass and high frequencies; improved algorithms and much more.
ARC Genesis is backwards compatible with many Anthem and Paradigm products that are ARC or PBK enabled. For a complete list, please visit AnthemARC.com. This third generation of Anthem Room Correction software represents a significant leap forward in room correction with the most comprehensive set of features yet. ARC Genesis transforms the audio performance of compatible speakers or electronics while retaining the unique character of any room. Proprietary Digital Signal Processing (DSP) software works in tandem with a calibrated microphone (provided with many ARC and PBK enabled products) to provide astonishing improvements to the sound you hear.
The Anthem Advantage
Backed by over 35 years of home-grown,hands-on design, and innovative audio engineering experience, Anthem products provide an unprecedented level of reliability and functionality; delivering one of the industry’s highest performance/price ratios. This is just one reason why Anthem electronics are the choice of knowledgeable audiophiles, professional musicians and engineers the world over.
- Maximum Output (<0.1% THD): 5.2 VRMS, 7.1VRMS
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 30KHz +/-0.2dB
- Frequency Response, Analog-Direct: N/A
- THD+N (2 Vrms output): -100 dB
- S/N Ratio (2 Vrms output, IEC-A filter): 110 dB
- PREAMPLIFIER + AMPLIFIER (1 W OUTPUT)
- MRX 1140 / MRX 740: SNR: 91 dB ch 1-5, 86dB others
- MRX 540: SNR: 91 dB ch 1-5
- SPEAKER IMPEDANCE
- Compatible with 4 Ohms or higher impedance.
- MAXIMUM CONTINUOUS OUTPUT (1% THD)
- Channels 1-5, Two Driven into 8 Ohms: 140 W
- Channels 1-5, Two Driven into 6 Ohms: 170 W
- Remaining Channels, Two Driven into 8 Ohms: 60 W
- Remaining Channels, Two Driven into 6 Ohms: 75 W
- POWER CONSUMPTION
- Typical Load: 485 W
- Standby: 0.3 W
- Standby IP Control Enabled: 1.8 W
- Standby HDMI Bypass Enabled: 4.9 W
- Height (without feet): 6" (15.24 cm)
- Height with Rackmount Kit: 4U
- Width: 17" (43.18 cm)
- Depth (including wifi ant not power cord): 14-1/2" (36.4 cm)
- Weight: 33.2 lb (15.1 Kg)
- POWER REQUIREMENT
- 120 V version: In countries where the line voltage is 120 V, this product operates from a single phase AC power source that supplies between 108 V and 132 V at a frequency of 60 Hz.
- 220-240 V version: In countries where the line voltage is 220, 230, or 240 V, this product operates from a single phase AC power source that supplies between 198 V and 264 V at a frequency of 50 Hz.
- Surround+Atmos Receivers