Audioengine D2 Premium 24-bit Wireless DAC allows you to stream wireless HD audio from your computer to any music system, independent of your Wi-Fi network. D2 includes USB and optical inputs, a high-performance DAC, plus the isolation benefits of wireless. Setup is fast and simple, with no software to install and without the frustration of trying to connect to your network.
Game-Changing Computer Audio
The D2 offers audio fidelity and features of DACs costing several times more, but with one very important feature - it's wireless! D2 is a simple to use yet powerful digital-to-analog converter with performance and features generally found in much more expensive DACs. The D2 processes digital audio at any bit depth up to 24 bits and sample rates to 192KHz, then sends your music over-the-air at 24/96. It accepts USB or PCM-stereo optical and will automatically configure to match either of these inputs.
Easy Setup and Simple Operation
Bypass your computer's sound card or headphone jack and send wireless HD audio to any music system. D2 transmits all music file formats from any computer media player and can simultaneously transmit HD audio to up to 3 wireless receivers. The 100ft (30m) typical range, low latency, built-in DAC, and resistance to interference and dropouts makes D2 the best-sounding HD wireless system available.
The D2 is actually three products in one - a high-quality USB wireless computer DAC, a wireless USB-to-SPDIF converter, and a wireless optical PCM-to-stereo link. The ability to stream HD audio wirelessly from your computer direct to your music system not only keeps your computer away from your audio gear, but also minimizes nagging problems such as ground loops, induced cable noise, and jitter. And if you already have a favorite DAC, the D2 can provide bit-perfect wireless USB-to-SPDIF conversion or serve as a wireless link for your PCM-stereo stream.
Join the Computer Audio Revolution
The D2 sends a 24bit/96KHz PCM stereo digital stream over-the-air in a "closed-system" Wi-Fi configuration. The system's proprietary RF technology ensures data integrity with no impact on existing routers or networks. The volume control on the D2 Sender is transmitted over an entirely separate channel so there is no impact on the digital audio stream.
See and Hear the Difference
Audioengine designers, with their attention to audio quality as well as visual aesthetics, have created a feast for both the eyes and ears. The rounded anodized aluminum case of the D2 reflects traditional Audioengine design and the audio fidelity is typical of Audioengine's commitment to great sound at an affordable price. The Audioengine D2 continues to close the gap between your computer music and home hi-fi and even if you're not an audio enthusiast we guarantee your music will sound better!
- DAC Type: Dual Mode USB and Optical (SPDIF) wireless DAC
- Inputs: USB/Optical (SPDIF)
- Outputs: RCA Stereo/Optical (SPDIF)
- D/A Converter: PCM1792A
- Optical Receiver: AK4117
- USB Controller: TI1020B
- Fill Scale Output: 2.0V RMS
- Output Impedance: 100 ohms
- Power Source: Sender: USB 5V or included external supply, Receiver: Included external supply
- Power Requirements: Sender: 270mA, 5V, Receiver: 300mA, 5V
- USB Power Filtering: 3-stage redundant regulation
- SNR: (DC to 20 kHz) >115dB
- THD + N: (1kHz FS 96kS/s) <0.0015% Crosstalk <-85db
- Frequency Response: 10Hz-30KHz (+/- 0.5dB)
- Input Bit Depth: 24 bit (upsampled)
- Input Data Range: 96kHz – native playback, 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 188.2kHz, 192kHz – re-sampled to 96kHz for playback
- USB Device Class: type 1.1 or above
- Wireless Range (Typical): >100ft
- Latency: <20ms
- Receivers Supported: Up to 3
- Environmental: Operating Temperature: 32 to 95 degrees F, Non-operating Temp: -4 to 113 degrees F, Relative Humidity: 5% to 95% non-condensing
- UPC: 819955250015
- MPN: D2