Please call 800-513-8555 for custom configurations. Note: Custom cables of 5 feet or less may not be returned and are considered a final sale.
Rocket 44 incorporates Perfect-Surface Copper+ into its blend of conductors. PSC+ has fewer grain boundaries, which reduces harshness in the sound. This carefully finessed combination of PSC and PSC+ enables Rocket 44 to deliver a clear and faithful presentation.
- SOLID PERFECT-SURFACE COPPER+ (PSC+)/PERFECT-SURFACE COPPER (PSC) CONDUCTORS: This cable uses a carefully finessed combination of Perfect-Surface Copper (PSC) and extremely high purity Perfect-Surface Copper+ (PSC+) conductors. The astonishingly smooth and pure Perfect-Surface eliminates harshness and greatly increases clarity compared to OFHC, OCC, 8N and other coppers. Extremely high-purity PSC+ further minimizes distortion caused by grain boundaries, which exist within any metal conductor.
- DOUBLE STAR-QUAD GEOMETRY: The relationship between conductors defines a cable's most basic electrical values (capacitance and inductance). However, even when those variables are kept in reasonably neutral balance, the particular geometric relationship between conductors greatly affects the sound. Star-Quad geometry is not only vastly superior to conductors run in parallel, but also to the same conductors as two twisted pairs.
- CARBON-BASED NOISE- AND CROSSTALK-DISSIPATION SYSTEM: This cable's negative conductors are covered with partially conductive Carbon-Loaded Polyethylene. This remarkable material reduces radio-frequency garbage being fed back into the amplifier. The sonic benefit is exactly the same reduction in "hash" and improved dimensionality that comes whenever RF interference is reduced in an audio circuit. In addition, a carbon layer damps interaction between positive and negative conductors, and an external Carbon-Based Noise-Dissipation System reduces external interference
- FOAMED-POLYETHYLENE INSULATION (FOR ALL POSITIVE CONDUCTORS): Any solid material adjacent to a conductor is actually part of an imperfect circuit. Wire insulation and circuit board materials all absorb energy. Some of this energy is stored and then released as distortion. Tower, however, uses air-filled Foamed-Polyethylene Insulation on both conductors. Because air absorbs next to no energy and Polyethylene is low-loss and has a benign distortion profile, Foamed-PE, with its high air content, causes much less of the out-of-focus effect common to other materials.
- CHOICE OF 500 SERIES MULTI-SPADE OR BANANA (GOLD OR SILVER) CONNECTORS