702 S3's Carbon Dome tweeter is housed in an all-new Solid Body Tweeter assembly, while with its new downward-firing port configuration and trio of Aerofoil Profile bass cones, it delivers bass that’s both profoundly deep and endlessly articulate.
Our flagship, the 702 S3, is a state-of-the-art floor-standing speaker that defines new standards for performance in its class. If you want the best, this is it.
A house for high frequencies
The 700 Series features the latest generation of our iconic Solid Body Tweeter-on-Top housing. Its new, more elongated form incorporates a longer tube-loading system to produce an even more free and open sound with high frequencies. The carefully decoupled housing is milled from a single solid block of aluminum to better resist resonance.
Carbon Dome tweeters are purpose-built for the 700 Series. Delivering a dramatic improvement on the aluminum double dome tweeter, they raise the breakup threshold to 47kHz, for pinpoint imaging accuracy and detail.
Truly amazing sound
Thanks to its composite construction, the Continuum™ cone avoids the abrupt transitions in behavior that can impair the performance of a conventional drive unit. The result is a more open, neutral performance that delivers voices and instruments with precision and transparency.
Clean and clear
Every three-way loudspeaker in the new 700 Series has a dedicated midrange cone using four key Bowers & Wilkins technologies: the Continuum cone, FST™, Biomimetic Suspension and midrange decoupling, the latter ensuring minimal interference from the operation of the loudspeaker’s bass drivers.
A triumph of science
Developed using advanced computer modeling techniques, the Aerofoil™ Profile bass cone has variable thickness, providing stiffness and rigidity where it’s needed most. The result: deep and dynamic bass.
- Size & weight
- Height: Height: 1010 mm (39.8 in) cabinet only, 1138 mm (44.8 in) including tweeter and plinth
- Width: 192 mm (7.6 in) cabinet only, 290 mm (11.4 in) including plinth
- Depth: 354 mm (13.9 in) cabinet only, 391 mm (15.4 in) including grille and terminals, 410 mm (16.1 in) including plinth
- Net weight: 33.46kg (73.8 lb)
- Technical details
- Technical features
- Decoupled Carbon Dome tweeter
- Solid Body Tweeter-on-Top
- Continuum™ cone FST™ midrange
- Decoupled midrange
- Aerofoil™ Profile bass cones
- Description: 3-way vented-box system
- Frequency range: 28Hz to 33kHz
- Sensitivity: 90dB spl (2.83Vrms, 1m)
- Nominal impedance: 8Ω (minimum 3.1Ω)
- Max recommended cable impedance: 0.1Ω
- Drive units: 1x ø25mm (1 in) Decoupled Carbon Dome high-frequency, 1x ø150mm (6 in) Continuum cone FST midrange, 3x ø165mm (6.5 in) Aerofoil Profile bass
- Frequency response: 46Hz - 28kHz ±3dB
- Harmonic distortion: 2nd and 3rd harmonics (90dB, 1m on axis), <1% 86Hz - 28kHz, <0.5% 110Hz - 20kHz
- Recommended amplifier power: 30W - 300W into 8Ω on unclipped programme
- Cabinet finishes: Gloss Black, Satin White, Mocha
- Grille finishes: Black, Grey (Satin White only)
- Floorstanding Speakers
- Floorstanding Speakers