The new 703 S3 now features our iconic Tweeter-on-Top configuration for the first time, alongside a decoupled FST™ Continuum cone midrange driver – enhanced by the addition of our revolutionary new Biomimetic Suspension – and twin Aerofoil Profile bass drivers.
Its new Tweeter-on-Top configuration and the revolutionary Biomimetic Suspension in its decoupled midrange drive unit combine to raise the 703 S3 to all-new heights of performance.
A house for high frequencies
The 700 Series features the latest generation of our iconic Solid Body Tweeter-on-Top housing. Its new, more elongated form incorporates a longer tube-loading system to produce an even more free and open sound with high frequencies. The carefully decoupled housing is milled from a single solid block of aluminum to better resist resonance.
Carbon Dome tweeters are purpose-built for the 700 Series. Delivering a dramatic improvement on the aluminum double dome tweeter, they raise the breakup threshold to 47kHz, for pinpoint imaging accuracy and detail.
Truly amazing sound
Thanks to its composite construction, the Continuum™ cone avoids the abrupt transitions in behavior that can impair the performance of a conventional drive unit. The result is a more open, neutral performance that delivers voices and instruments with precision and transparency.
Clean and clear
Every three-way loudspeaker in the new 700 Series has a dedicated midrange cone using four key Bowers & Wilkins technologies: the Continuum cone, FST™, Biomimetic Suspension and midrange decoupling, the latter ensuring minimal interference from the operation of the loudspeaker’s bass drivers.
A triumph of science
Developed using advanced computer modeling techniques, the Aerofoil™ Profile bass cone has variable thickness, providing stiffness and rigidity where it’s needed most. The result: deep and dynamic bass.
- Size & weight
- Height: 1010mm (39.8 in) cabinet only, 1117mm (44.0 in) including tweeter and plinth
- Width: 192mm (7.6 in) cabinet only 290mm (11.4 in) including plinth
- Depth: 316mm (12.4 in) cabinet only, 353mm (13.9 in) including grille and terminals, 372mm (14.6 in) including plinth
- Net weight: 28.81kg (63.5 lb)
- Technical details
- Technical features
- Decoupled Carbon Dome tweeter
- Solid Body Tweeter-on-Top
- Continuum™ cone FST™ midrange
- Decoupled midrange
- Aerofoil™ Profile bass cones
- Description: 3-way vented-box system
- Frequency range: 30Hz to 33kHz
- Sensitivity: 90dB spl (2.83Vrms, 1m)
- Nominal impedance: 8Ω (minimum 3.1Ω)
- Max recommended cable impedance: 0.1Ω
- Drive units: 1x ø25mm (1 in) Decoupled Carbon Dome high-frequency, 1x ø150mm (6 in) Continuum cone FST midrange, 2x ø165mm (6.5 in) Aerofoil Profile bass
- Frequency response: 46Hz - 28kHz ±3dB
- Harmonic distortion: 2nd and 3rd harmonics (90dB, 1m on axis), <1% 90Hz - 22kHz, <0.5% 120Hz - 20kHz
- Recommended amplifier power: 30W - 200W into 8Ω on unclipped programme
- Cabinet finishes: Gloss Black, Satin White, Mocha
- Grille finishes: Black, Grey (Satin White only)
- Floorstanding Speakers
- Floorstanding Speakers