This Bowers & Wilkins architectural monitor is designed to be used anywhere: it's perfect for use around the pool or mounted outdoors year-round, thanks to its weather resistance.
Great sound anywhere
On the patio, by the pool or flooding the garden with music, AM-1 takes your tunes to the great outdoors.
In its element
With an easy-install bracket and that all-important weather resistance, AM-1 delivers great music wherever you want it.
Flexible, durable and great-sounding. The easy-install bracket allows the AM-1 to be mounted vertically or horizontally, for total flexibility of installation.
Better bass, sealed tight
AM-1 needs a sealed enclosure to shrug off the rain and splashes, but that's not great for solid, powerful bass. So Bowers & Wilkins engineers designed this clever auxiliary bass radiator to give extra low-end punch from a compact enclosure.
Sound where you want it
We wanted to keep the AM-1 small, yet tough and flexible, so the combination of a slender wall-bracket, a clever one-plug mounting system and 220 degree rotation means we can deliver your music wherever you want it – indoors or out.
- Technical features
- Nautilus™ tube loaded aluminum dome tweeter
- Glassfiber cone bass/midrange
- Auxiliary Bass Radiator (ABR)
- Description: 2-way system with Auxiliary Bass Radiator (ABR)
- Drive units
- 1x ø25mm (1in) aluminum dome high-frequency
- 1x ø130mm (5in) glassfiber cone bass/midrange
- Frequency range: -6dB at 46Hz and 50kHz (wall mounted)
- Frequency response: 51Hz - 22kHz on reference axis (wall mounted)
- Sensitivity: 86dB (2.83V, 1m)
- Total harmonic distortion: <1% 200Hz - 20kHz (86dB, 1m)
- Nominal Impedance: 8Ω (5.2 Ω min)
- Recommended amplifier power: 20W - 100W into 8Ω on unclipped program
- Dimensions (includes wall bracket)
- Height: 310mm (12 1/4in)
- Width: 180mm (7in)
- Depth: 210mm (8 1/4in)
- Net weight: 4kg (8.8lb)
- Matte white
- Matte black