CDA-16 has been engineered to work with any existing Bowers & Wilkins custom installation speaker. With the ability to drive 16 channels or 8 zones in a compact 1U design, CDA-16 gives you the maximum performance with the minimum rack space.
The power to impress.
Ensure the best possible sound from your in-wall or in-ceiling Custom Installation loudspeakers with our powerful yet compact distribution amplifier.
Offering 16 channels of power, the CDA-16 can enable your whole home with sound yet takes up minimal space thanks to its compact 1U design.
CDA-16 has a configurable specification supporting bridging of its Class D stereo channels into even more powerful mono outputs when needed.
- Audio Specifications
- Load impedance range: >3Ω per channel (>6Ω in bridge mode)
- Output Power per channel, non-clipped: >50W into 8Ω, >100W into 4Ω
- Output Power bridge mode, non-clipped: >200W into 8Ω
- Output Power total, all channels: >400W short term, >200W continuous average
- DC offset voltage: <50mV
- Frequency Response (-3dB): <10Hz to >50kHz, any load impedance
- Frequency response accuracy 20Hz-20kHz: ±0.5dB
- Signal to Noise ratio (Ref. 50W/8Ω): >100dB A-Weighted
- THD+N (1kHz, 12.5W, 4Ω): typically 0.05%
- Voltage Gain: 34.9dB to - infinity, adjustable
- Input impedance: 15KΩ
- Maximum input voltage: 6.8V peak (4.8V rms sine wave)
- Signal sense threshold: 2.5mV (independent of Gain setting)
- Wake-up time: <0.2s (If other zones active), <2s (From all zones inactive)
- Turn-off time: 15 minutes from last signal detected
- 12V trigger input threshold: typically 3V (recommended input is 5-15V)
- Controls & Indicators
- Front panel: 1 x Power LED (unit active – White, Fault – Red), 8 x Zone status LEDs (Signal present – White, Fault – Red)
- Rear panel: 8 x 2-position DIP switches (link to global input), 1 x 3-position switch (power mode: on, auto detect, 12V trigger), 8 x input gain control with Clip indicator LEDs
- Input: 8 x RCA (pair) Phono socket, line in (global in shared with Zone 8)
- Output: 1 x RCA (pair) Phono socket (global out), 8 x 5.08mm Pitch 4-way Phoenix Combicon style
- 12V trigger control: 1 x 3.5 mm jack - 12V trigger IN, 1 x 3.5 mm jack - 12V trigger OUT (Maximum 100mA pass-through)
- Power consumption: <0.5W All zones inactive, <45W All zones idling, 300W maximum average, 1,000W peak
- AC supply: 100-240V 50/60Hz
- AC inlet: IEC C14, switched
- Thermal dissipation: 1.7 BTU/hr (standby), 150 BTU/hr (Idle), 400 BTU/hr (max)
- Height: 44.5 mm (1.8in) 1U [55.5 mm (2.2in) plus feet]
- Width: 437 mm (17.2in)
- Depth: 310 mm (12.2in)
- Net weight: 4.5kg (9.9lb)
- Finish: Black