The elegant RUBICON C is our way of creating beautiful harmony in the transition to the digital world while keeping the high-quality character. RUBICON 2 C is part of a wireless speaker system that empowers the costumer to easily access all their music in the best possible quality, and play it back without the need for complicated electronics.
DALI RUBICON C is the exemplary combination of the drivers and cabinet construction from the passive RUBICON series, the amplifier technology from CALLISTO range, and the wireless audio transmission from the DALI SOUND HUB. Together they shape the RUBICON C series.
The RUBICON C audio system delivers modern Hi-Fi on the same high quality level, or better, than the original RUBICON series.
The use of SMC (Soft Magnetic Compound) in the RUBICON 2 C has many advantages, but the overshadowing result is a significant reduction of distortion from the mechanical loss in the magnet motor. SMC’s unique ability to deliver a high magnetic conductivity and a very low electrical conductivity gives us all the wanted qualities of a really good speaker magnet without the traditional downsides.
Part of the “secret” is the individually coated magnetic granules that make it possible to mould a strong magnet that’s not electrically conductive (approx. 1/10.000’s of iron). The result of using SMC is almost no hysteresis, and therefore no distortion.
Designing a ‘best in class’ active speaker system is the sum of many parts. One truly important part is the amplifier, or more correctly the amplifier module.
Using a digital crossover in place of the RUBICON’s analogue one, the two amplifiers in each speaker drives the woofers and tweeters directly. This lets the acoustical engineer optimize the interaction between amplifier and driver perfectly bringing out even more detail from the source material than possible before.
The 6½” wood fibre SMC based woofer delivers the mid-range and bass frequencies fed by one of the two 250-Watt amplifiers. The combinations of the low loss design, the wood fibre membrane and the SMC pole piece makes this woofer able to work with minimal distortion of the amplifier signal. This together with the extremely musical Class-D amplifier delivers audio with lots of dynamic detail.
Our Class D amplifier is based on patented state-of-the-art technology with a global feedback, selfoscillating design chosen for its very musical properties. Being able to deliver 250 Watts for up to 5 seconds, there is plenty of power to ensure more than enough sound pressure even in complex musical passages or massive explosions in movies.
The cone used in the RUBICON 2 C draws upon the heritage from the EPICON technologies, and has a light, rigid and randomly uneven structure. This lower the complexity of the central part of the motor, ensures even piston like movements, reduces the possibility of surface resonance greatly and creates an extremely low distortion within the RUBICON 2 C.
The soft low-loss rubber surround is designed and bespoke specifically for the RUBICON 2 C, and all of the components are situated in an aluminum chassis designed for maximum airflow around the cone and magnet system.
The ultra-lightweight soft dome tweeter used in the RUBICON 2 C is designed to reach higher into the very high frequencies. Higher than normal for at soft dome used in a DALI hybrid tweeter. This is done since the soft dome tweeter is required to work on its own in the RUBICON 2 C.
The voice coil used in the RUBICON 2 C is furthermore designed to be very light and agile in order to achieve a broader bandwidth. This lighter voice coil is placed inside a powerful ferrite magnet that keeps a tight control of its movements.
Small but perfectly formed, the RUBICON 2 C standmounted speaker may be the smaller sibling, but delivering richly defined detail and big bass response, its sound belies its size. The perfect blend between compact size and inner cabinet-volume, we believe we have created the ideal working environment to eke the absolute best out of its drivers. Don’t let its small footprint fool you; the RUBICON 2 C is a performance powerhouse.
- Product series: RUBICON C
- Frequency Range (+/-3 dB) [Hz]: 46 - 26.000
- Maximum SPL [dB]: 108
- Crossover Frequency [Hz]: 2,600
- Crossover Principle: Hybrid Full Active 24 bit DSP and Passive all analogue
- High frequency driver, Quantity: 1 x 29 mm
- High frequency driver, Diaphragm type: Soft Textile Dome
- Low frequency driver, Quantity: 1 x 6½"
- Low frequency driver, Diaphragm type: Wood Fibre Cone
- Enclosure type: Bass Reflex
- Bass Reflex Tuning Frequency [Hz]: 51.0
- Max. Amplifier Power Output [RMS watt]: 250
- Amplifier Type: Discrete Class D (Closed Loop, Self Oscillating)
- Onboard DAC: Burr Brown PCM1796 (Balanced output)
- Connection Input: ADC-in (RCA)
- Wireless Input(s): Full 24 Bit / 96 kHz (No bit-loss attenuated)
- Wireless Audio RF Band [MHz]: 5725-5875 MHz
- Max. Digital Resolution [bits/KHz]: 24 / 96
- Magnetic Shielding: No
- Recommended Placement: Shelf or stand
- Recommended Distance From Wall [cm]: 20 - 120
- Max. Power Consumption [W]: 325
- Standby Power Consumption [W]: 1.2
- Dimensions With Base (HxWxD) [mm]: 353 x 195 x 335
- Weight [kg]: 8.4
- Accessories Included: Manual, Micro Fibre Cloth, Rubber Bumpers, Front Grille
- Input Sensitivity [mV]: 1,400
- Input Impedance RCA [Ω]: 5k
- Input Mains Voltage [Volts]: Universal mains 100 - 240V