High-performance sound for wide-open spaces
Rock your next pool party with outdoor speakers from Definitive Technology. The AW5500 features the same high-quality speaker components as their indoor models, but it's ready to stand up to the hardships of outdoor living. Buy a pair to place near the pool or on your deck — their non-resonant PolyStone enclosures are fully sealed and built for direct exposure to the elements. And the included bracket lets you rotate the speaker up to 360° for maximum flexibility.
Crystal-clear highs, distinct mids, and solid bass
The AW5500 combines a 1" pure aluminum dome tweeter with a 5-1/2" woofer for clear, accurate reproduction of voices and instruments. The woofer uses Definitive's BDSS (Balanced Double Surround System) design for accurate response across a wide frequency range. A pressure-coupled racetrack-shaped radiator reinforces the output of the woofer, for overall bass that's equivalent to that of an 8" woofer. (Pretty cool for a compact outdoor speaker that's sized to fit under a roof eave.) Some outdoor speakers are anemic at the low end — not this one.
Did you know?
Your new speakers will probably sound better after several weeks of use than they do right out of the box. That's because the material surrounding the woofers will loosen up, allowing the drivers to move more fully. Definitive Technology estimates a break-in period of 24 to 48 hours of playback before the speakers will deliver optimum sound quality.
- 1" pure aluminum dome tweeter
- 5-1/2" BDSS mid/bass woofer
- 5" x 8" racetrack-shaped pressure-coupled radiator (produces bass equivalent to that of an 8" woofer)
- frequency response 45-30,000 Hz
- sensitivity 91 dB
- handles up to 175 watts
- 5-way binding posts
- rugged, fully sealed PolyStone enclosure
- aluminum speaker grilles
- includes galvanized steel mounting bracket that allows 360° rotation for maximum placement flexibility
- 7-13/16"W x 12-5/8"H x 8-1/16"D
- weight: 8.33 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # NEAA
What's in the box:
- Black all-weather outdoor loudspeaker
- Definitive Technology AW5500 owner's manual
- Mounting bracket (installed)
- Owner's Manual
- Online Product Registration card
For Residents/Customers in California:
Follow this link for your Proposition 65 warning.
- Outdoor Speakers