Note: product information comes from single version of this product, but this offer is for a pair.
3-WAY CONFIGURATION WITH DUAL 8" PASSIVE RADIATORS
The Demand D15 tower speakers feature an exclusive 3-way driver configuration with a 1” annealed aluminum dome tweeter, a 5.25” BDSS™ midrange woofer, a dual 5.25” carbon fiber bass drivers complement with a dual 8” side firing passive radiator configuration for a full range, room-filling sonic performance.
1" ANNEALED ALUMINUM DOME TWEETER
Definitive Technology sets the standard of minimalist, thoughtful design that serves to better the sound. Proper tweeters must excel in three ways: they must be stiff, light, and well-damped in order to minimize their material characteristics that will affect high-frequency reproduction. Aluminum is naturally stiff and lightweight, meeting the first two requirements. To achieve the third, Definitive Technology tweeters undergo an annealing (heat treating) process to shape and soften the material, thereby providing the necessary material damping.
Coupled with the 20/20 Wave Alignment Lens™, Definitive Technology 1” aluminum dome tweeters deliver a clear, precise high frequency response and the 20/20 Wave Alignment Lens smooths high frequencies off the tweeter for improved dispersion and a rich and balanced listening experience anywhere in your room.
A unique sonic signature feature of the Demand Series, the tweeter is offset to deliver a more precise center stereo image and eliminate undesirable symmetric diffraction off the corners of the front baffle.
Patented Double Surround mid-range provides greater linear excursion and output that results in superior mid-range detail compared to drivers of similar size.
LINEAR RESPONSE WAVEGUIDE
Patented Linear Response Waveguide extends both on and off axis frequency response, while improving dispersion for more natural mid-range timbre and more precise imaging.
NEWLY DESIGNED CARBON FIBER WOOFERS
This new addition to the sonic signature of the Demand Series tower features a dedicated woofer section for low frequency reproduction. Carbon fiber offers greater rigidity to the cone for deeper bass notes, while preventing cone distortion that can occur with other less rigid materials. Carbon fiber is a strong but light material, ideal for sound reproduction. It ensures that the woofers are sturdy yet light, able to handle higher excursion without deforming and provides deeper, clean low frequency
EXTRUDED ALUMINUM FRONT BAFFLE
Clean, beautiful modern industrial design with an extruded Aluminum front baffle bead blasted finish that provides a timeless look and feel that fits any décor. Lightweight, durable and recyclable, aluminum is truly the metal of a modern lifestyle
PREMIUM HI-FI CROSSOVER
Demand Series crossovers integrate the latest in design and premium Hi-Fi quality parts. Polypropylene metal-film capacitors and air-core inductors deliver low distortion, high-clarity circuits for the circuits for the tweeter, and signal linearity for the low frequency reproduction, without compromising the midrange.
- Total Pieces: 1
- Included Accessories: (1) Acoustically transparent magnetic speaker grilles, (4) Carpet Spikes, (4) Hard Floor Glides, (4) Lock Rings, (4) Screws, (1) Cleaning Cloth
- Cabinet Warranty: 5 years
- Drivers Warranty: 5 years
- Original Purchaser Only: Yes
- High-Performance Tower Speaker
- Qty Included: 1
- Orientation: Vertical
- Height: 40.78" (103.58 cm)
- Width: 9.05" (22.99 cm)
12.86" (32.66 cm)
- Weight: 52 lbs (23.59 kg)
- Driver Enclosure Type: MDF cabinet with extruded natural bead-blasted aluminum front baffle
- Driver Complement: (1) 1" (2.54 cm) d (Round) Annealed Aluminum Dome and Laterally Offset - Tweeter, (1) 5.25" (13.34 cm) d (Round) Polypropylene BDSS Bass - Midrange, (2) 5.25" (13.34 cm) d (Round) Carbonfiber woofer - Mid/Woofer, (2) 8" (20.32 cm) d (Round) Passive - Bass Radiator
- AUDIO QUALITY
- Total Frequency Response: 39 Hz → 24,000 Hz
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- Sensitivity (1 watt @ 1 meter): 85.5 dB
- Lower and Upper -3dB Limits: 48 Hz → 22,000 Hz
- Speaker Inputs: (1) (Set) 5-Way Binding Posts - Gold-Plated
- EXTERNAL AMPLIFIER
- Recommended Amplifier Power Per Channel: 30 watts → 300 watts