An exceptional 4K home theater experience – only from Epson.
The Epson Home Cinema 3800 includes our latest 4K PRO-UHD1 technology for an exceptional 4K HDR2 home theater experience. Using advanced processing technologies for resolution enhancement, color and image processing, the Home Cinema 3800 faithfully displays all your favorite content at an exceptional level of brightness and color accuracy. And, with support for the latest 18 Gbps HDMI 2.0 specification, you’ll enjoy 4K HDR gaming at a full 60 fps from the latest generation of consoles and streaming devices.
Whether you’re streaming your favorite series, 4K gaming, or simply watching a blockbuster movie in HDR, the Epson Home Cinema 3800 is simply stunning.
Now that’s Projection Perfected.
- 4K PRO-UHD1 Projection Technology
- True 3-chip projector design
- 4K resolution processing
- Full 10-bit HDR2; HLG support
- Real-time, digital video processing
4K PRO-UHD1 Projection Technology
A new type of 4K home theater experience utilizing advanced processing for resolution enhancement, color and image processing – resulting in an exceptional 4K home theater experience
Full 10-bit HDR2
Accepts 100 percent of the HDR source information to faithfully reproduce HDR content for an amazing visual performance, plus HLG support.
True 3-Chip Projector Design
Advanced 3LCD technology displays 100 percent of the RGB color signal for every frame without any "rainbow effect" or color brightness issues.
Digital Video Processing
Real-time, 12-bit analog-to-digital video processing for smooth tonal transitions; helps eliminate banding, blocking and other compression artifacts from the final visual performance.
4K Resolution Processing
Pixel-shifting technology precisely controls three individual, high-definition LCD chips to parallel process millions of pixels.
An impressive 3,000 lumens for both color and white brightness3; contrast ratio of up to 100,000:1 for rich black detail.
- Full 18 Gbps HDMI 2.0 support — compatible with virtually all color formats, depths and spaces while simultaneously supporting 4K HDR2 content at a full 60 Hz
- Epson Precision Lens — utilizes a multi element precision glass structure for outstanding image clarity and edge-to-edge focus uniformity, along with precision vertical and horizontal axis lens shift adjustment
- Built-in stereo speakers and aptXTM Bluetooth® — rear-firing, dual 10 W speaker system for simple audio requirements and aptX Bluetooth for easy, wireless connectivity to external sound systems
- Active 3D support1 — offers support for high-performance, active 3D glasses to faithfully reproduce all the source 3D information to maximize the visual effect
- RoHS compliant
- Recyclable product6
- Epson America, Inc. is a SmartWay® Transport Partner7
What's In The Box:
- Home Cinema 3800 projector
- Power cord
- Remote control with (2) AA batteries
- Quick Setup Guide
- Specifications Projector
- Projection System: Epson 3LCD
- Projection Method: Front / rear / ceiling mount
- Driving Method: Epson Poly-silicon TFT Active Matrix, 0.61" - wide panel
- Color Brightness - Color Light Output: 3,000 lumens3
- White Brightness - White Light Output: 3000 lumens3
- Aspect Ratio: Native: 16:9 widescreen (4:3 resize,16:10 resize); compatible with 4:3 with Normal, Full or Zoom Mode
- Resolution: 4K Enhancement 1 (1920 x 1080 x 2)
- Maximum Resolution: 4096 x 2160
- Supported Resolution: 3840 x 2160, Full HD 1080p/i, HD 720p, 576p/i, 480p/i
- Resize: 16:10, 4:3
- Lamp Type: 250 W UHE
- Lamp Life: ECO mode: Up to 5,000 hours6, Medium mode: Up to 4,000 hours6,High Mode: Up to 3,500 hours6
- Size - projected distance: 0" – 300" (Zoom: Wide and Zoom: Tele)
- Keystone Correction: Vertical/Horizontal: ± 30 degrees (manual)
- Contrast Ratio: Up to 100,000:1, Auto Iris on
- Color Processing: Full 10-bit (partial 12-bit)
- Color Reproduction: Full-color (up to 1.07 billion colors)
- Operating Temperature: 41 ° to 95 °F (5 ° to 35 °C)
- Weight: 15.2 lb
- Security: Kensington security lock port
- 2-year projector limited warranty
- Extra CareSM Home Service program
- PrivateLine® dedicated toll-free support (U.S. and Canada only)
- 90-day limited lamp warranty
- Projection Lens
- Type: Optical Zoom (manual)/Focus (manual)
- F-number: 1.49 – 1.77
- Focal Length: 18.2 – 29.2 mm
- Zoom Ratio: 1 – 1.62
- Throw Ratio Range: 1.32 – 2.15
- Lens Shift: Vertical: -60.0% to +60.0% (H Center) manual, Horizontal: -24.0% to +24.0% (V Center) manual
- Lens Cover: Cap
- Super Resolution: 2D and 3D
- Remote Control
- Features: Front and rear directional
- Operating Distance: 32 ft (10 m)
- Operating Angle
- Front Right/Left: ± 30 degrees
- Front Upper/Lower: ± 30 degrees
- Rear Right/Left: ± 30 degrees
- Rear Upper/Lower: ± 30 degrees
- Other Home Projector
- Auto Iris: 2D and 3D: Automatically adjusts to video source, Off/On: High-speed or Normal, 2D and 3D mode
- Frame Interpolation: 1080p @ 24 Hz
- Computer Compatibility: PC, Mac®
- Projector Details
- Display Performance: 4K/UHD @ 60 Hz compatible, HDR102, 1080p; HD, 2D, 3D
- Color Modes: Dynamic, Bright Cinema, Natural, Cinema
- Input Signal: 480i / 576i / 480p / 576p / 720p / 1080i / 1080p / 2160p
- 2x HDMI® 2.0 (18 Gbps) HDCP 2.2
- 1x USB Type A 2.0 A power supply (for streaming devices)
- 1x USB (for wireless accessory and firmware updates)
- 1x Mini USB (service only)
- 1x Audio out mini plug (3.5 mm)
- 1x RS232C
- 1x Trigger out 200 mAh max (3.5mm)
- Fan Noise: 24 dB – 35 dB
- Speaker: Stereo (2) 10 W speakers
- Power Supply Voltage: 100 – 240 VAC ± 10%, 50/60 Hz
- Power Consumption: ECO Mode: 309 W, Normal Mode: 406 W, Energy Saving Standby: 0.5 W
- Parental Controls
- Power Button Lock: Hinders projector from being turned on without parental supervision
- Projector Dimensions
- Including feet: 16.1" x 13.0" x 6.5"
- 1 4K Enhancement Technology shifts each pixel to achieve double Full HD resolution on screen. Resolution is Full HD in 3D Mode.
- 2 HDR performance available with select third-party devices. For more information, see www.epson.com/hdrcompatibility
- 3 Color brightness (color light output) and white brightness (white light output) will vary depending on usage conditions. Color light output measured in accordance with IDMS 15.4; white light output measured in accordance with ISO 21118.
- 4 For convenient and reasonable recycling options, visit www.epson.com/recycle
- 5 SmartWay is an innovative partnership of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency that reduces greenhouse gases and other air pollutants and improves fuel efficiency.
- 6 Lamp life will vary depending upon mode selected, environmental conditions and usage. Lamp brightness decreases over time.