Focal unveils Chora, a new standard in affordable loudspeaker design and performance!
Made in France at Focal’s specialist manufacturing facilities, Chora is a new generation of high quality yet affordable loudspeakers, featuring unique technology and design. Replacing the renowned Chorus range, Chora embodies French manufacturing quality and is an outstanding new entry into the hi-fi world.
From its workshops in Saint-Étienne, Focal has spent the past 40 years innovating, creating and reinventing the laws of Hi-Fi in its quest for the perfect response to the listening demands of its customers. As part of this process of constant renewal, the brand is unveiling a proud successor to its Chorus line with the launch of Chora. The engineers may have had the same goal in mind when conceiving the project – namely, to offer accessible high-quality products –, but the results are on another level.
In addition to a unique design perfected by three new finishes, the midrange and bass speaker drivers in the Chora loudspeakers are made of an all-new cone, offering instant sound appeal and visual charm.
SLATEFIBER: THE NEW FOCAL CONE
Slatefiber is a unique new speaker driver material designed and manufactured by Focal in France. Behind its stylish, slate-effect looks hides impressive speaker cone performance, as a result of a range of technical innovations. Focal has introduced new materials: thermoplastic polymer, with non-woven recycled carbon fibres that achieve even greater damping, rigidity and lightness - the essential elements of a good speaker driver.
With this exclusive and innovative cone, the sound reproduction of midrange frequencies is perfectly balanced and rich, with minimal colouration and plenty of dynamics. The soundstage is remarkable, for a true high-fidelity listening experience in your own home.
Chora 806 is the 2-way bookshelf loudspeaker from the Chora line. Featuring the new Slatefiber cone technology, it delivers precise and dynamic sound. Chora 806 will delight all music lovers. It is the ideal fit for rooms measuring up to 269ft2 (25m2).
- Type: 2-way bass-reflex bookshelf loudspeaker
- Drivers: 61/2" (16.5cm) Slatefiber Midbass, 1" (25mm) TNF Al/Mg inverted dome tweeter
- Sensitivity (2,83V/1m): 89dB
- Frequency response (±3 dB): 58Hz-28kHz
- Low frequency point (-6 dB): 49Hz
- Nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- Minimum impedance: 4.6 ohms
- Recommended amplifier power: 25/120W
- Crossover frequency: 3.000Hz
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 8 ¼ x10 ⅝ x16 31/32 " (21x27x43.1cm)
- Net weight (unit with grille): 16.2lbs (7.35kg)
- Packaging dimensions (WxDxH): 23 ¼ x15 ⅜ x20 ⅞ " (59x39x53cm)
- Net weight (with packaging): 39.6lbs (18kg)