Chora Surround is a compact loudspeaker that adds side and rear channels to your Home Cinema system for an even more immersive experience. The sound comes from all sides, accentuating the realism of scenes and heightening your sensations.
Made in France in Focal’s workshops, Chora Surround uses the same Slatefiber technology seen in the Chora speaker drivers, ensuring high-quality sonic coherence with the other loudspeakers in the line. Indeed, devised and designed to complete your audio system, this product combines perfectly with the Chora 826-D Dolby Atmos® loudspeaker and the Chora Center loudspeaker. And to increase the depth of sound, Focal engineers have also developed the Sub 600P subwoofer.
The loudspeaker fixes quickly and easily to the wall thanks to the wall attachment supplied. And thanks to its black MDF finish, its magnetic grille and sleek design, it will be a seamless yet stunning addition that fits perfectly into your listening room.
THE TNF TWEETER
A Focal exclusive and made in France in our workshops from an Aluminium/Magnesium alloy, this tweeter offers many benefits, particularly in sound spatialisation. With this tweeter, there is no shortage of sound harmony and precision.
THE SLATEFIBER CONE
Also made in France in Focal's workshops, it is characterised by a rich, dynamic and balanced sound, particularly in the midranges, as well as a stunning aesthetic thanks to its “slate” effect. It is the fruit of several years of R&D: the engineers have mixed ultra-lightweight recycled non-woven carbon fibres –a first in the world of audio– with thermoplastic polymer. The combination of these materials offers excellent acoustic performance.
- Type: 2-way sealed surround loudspeaker
- Speaker Drivers: 6 1/2" (16.5cm) Slatefiber Midbass 1" (25mm) TNF Al/Mg inverted dome tweeter
- Sensitivity (2,83V/1m): 89dB
- Frequency response (±3 dB): 80Hz - 28kHz
- Low frequency point (-6 dB): 67Hz
- Nominal impedance: 8Ω
- Minimum impedance: 4.5Ω
- Recommended amplifier power: 25/100W
- Crossover frequency: 3,000Hz
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 17 ½ x 12 5/8 x 3 15/16" (44,5x32x10cm)
- Net weight (unit with grille): 12lbs (5.45kg)
- Packaging dimensions (HxWxD): 22 1/16 x 18 ½ x 71 /8" (56x47x18cm)
- Net weight (with packaging): 5.7lbs (7.1kg)