The 650 is designed for in-ceiling and in-wall use. Solidly constructed of a marble-infused polymer, the unitized structure actually has the extraordinary high-definition wide-dispersion driver built as an integral part of the frame/flange construction in order to minimize their footprint. The driver motor structures and cone/voice coil assemblies (6.5") are based on those utilized in GoldenEar's Tritons and Aon speakers. Of course, it also incorporates the GoldenEar High Velocity Folded Ribbon (HVFR) tweeter and a complex crossover to perfectly blend the drivers for superb performance.
The 650s come standard with a round, paintable MagneLock grille and there is an optional square grille available. Special attention has been given to achieving wide sonic dispersion that is so important in distributed audio systems. The tweeters twist and pivot to optimize performance and a high-frequency equalization switch allows precise matching to any environment.
- Speaker Dimensions: 8-5/8˝ (20.63 cm) diameter, x 3-7/16˝ (8.73 cm) depth
- Square Grille Dimensions: 8-21/32˝ (21.98 cm), x 8-21/32˝ (21.98 cm)
- Round Grille Dimensions: 8-11/16˝ (22.06 cm) diameter
- Cutout: 7-1/8˝ (18 cm) diameter
- Weight: Product: 4 lbs (1.8 kg) / Shipping: 5.5 lbs (2.5 kg)
- Frequency Response: 25 Hz - 35 kHz
- Efficiency: 90 dB
- Nominal Impedance: Compatible with 8 ohms
- Driver Complement: One - 6-1/2˝(16.51 cm) High-Definition Cast-Basket Mid/Bass Driver, One - Pivotable HVFR™ High-Velocity Folded Ribbon Tweeter
- Recommended Amplification: 10 - 250 watt/channel