UPDATED WITH A NEW LOW-PROFILE DESIGN
The Klipsch CDT-2650-C II maintains the core technology use of a high-quality 1” Silk Dome compression driver (tweeter) mated to an exclusive Tractrix® Horn combined with a 6.5” Polypropylene woofer in a 2-way design. Now with a new low-profile, more elegant grill it continues as an excellent choice for everything from whole house audio to surround sound use.
NEW SLIMTRIM™ GRILLE
With an all new grille, the visible frame size is reduced by 90% and grille depth is reduced by 80% over the previous design, for a more edge-toedge consistent look that blends in with the wall more attractively. The new aluminum, paintable, magnetic grille attaches tightly and securely with ease to virtually eliminate resonant distortion.
KLIPSCH EXCLUSIVE CONTROLLED DISPERSION TECHNOLOGY® (CDT)
Klipsch horn-loaded technology increases acoustic output while significantly reducing distortion. Proprietary Controlled Dispersion Technology allows for both the symmetrical, 100° Tractrix Horn compression driver (tweeter) and woofer to be independently aimed toward the main listening area. The tweeter swivels while the woofer rotates 360° and pivots 15° in any direction. The precisely controlled dispersion of the horn-loaded tweeter assures that high frequencies are more effectively directed towards the listening area than typical amiable, broad dispersion, standard dome tweeters. This, combined with the woofer’s ability to also direct more narrowly dispersed midbass frequencies, yields overall sound with more lifelike impact, greater detail and better vocal clarity.
SILK DOME COMPRESSION DRIVER (TWEETER)
Combined with the Tractrix Horn, the 1”, low-resonance diaphragm works in conjunction with a precise phasing plug at the horn throat to create a very efficient driver with excellent transient response and lack of distortion.
Dense, yet lightweight, polymer cone reproduces authoritative bass.
SURE-GRIP MOUNTING DOGS
Provide even pressure against drywall for long-term installation reliability.
COMPATIBLE WITH THE KLIPSCH IK-650-C INSTALL KIT
For increased mounting flexibility and pre-install marking during new construction.
COMPATIBLE WITH THE KLIPSCH ME-650-C FIRE-RATED SPEAKER ENCLOSURE
For meeting building codes and/or reduction of transferred sound between rooms.
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 77Hz-20KHz ± 3dB
- SENSITIVITY: 91dB @ 2.83V / 1m
- NOMINAL IMPEDANCE: 8 ohms compatible
- CROSSOVER FREQUENCY: 3070Hz
- POWER HANDLING: 50W RMS / 200W Peak
- RECOMMENDED AMPLIFIER POWER: 100 W
- HIGH FREQUENCY DRIVER: 1” (2.54cm) Silk dome tweeter mated to a swiveling, 100° round Tractrix® Horn
- LOW FREQUENCY DRIVER: 6.5" (16.51cm) pivoting Polypropylene cone woofer
- ENCLOSURE MATERIAL/TYPE: ABS/Infinite baffle, front flush with wall
- WIRE GAUAGE ACCOMMODATED: 12 ga
- DIAMETER : 9.5" (24.13cm)
- CUTOUT DIMENSIONS: 8.3" (21.08cm)
- MOUNTING DEPTH: 4.5" (13.72cm)
- WEIGHT: 6.6 lbs. (2.99kg)
- FINISH: White paintable frame and grille
- INSTALLATION KIT: IK-650-C (sold separately)
- FIRE RATED ENCLOSURE: ME-650-C (sold separately)
- BUILT FROM: 2012
For Residents/Customers in California:
Follow this link for your Proposition 65 warning.