NAD C 700 BLUOS STREAMING AMPLIFIER
The compact, elegant C 700 BluOS Streaming Amplifier is perfect for today’s value conscious audiophile. Inside the solid aluminum case is a powerful HybridDigital UcD amplifier and BluOS-enabled network streamer. Using the intuitive BluOS app, you can cue up music from your personal digital library, or stream from online services like Spotify, Amazon Music HD, Tidal, and Qobuz.
On the glass front panel is a 5” colour display that shows album art, track progress, and system settings. Just add your favourite speakers, and the C 700’s 80-watt-per-channel amplifier will reproduce your music with thrilling, lifelike dynamics.
A FEAST FOR THE SENSES
The C 700 is the ideal all-in-one solution for the streaming age. Just connect your speakers, then select the music you want to hear using the intuitive BluOS app on your smartphone, tablet, PC, or Mac. It will sound glorious.
Employing NAD’s proven HybridDigital UcD amplifier technology, the C 700 can deliver 2×80 watts of continuous power and 2×120 watts of instantaneous power, for effortless reproduction of musical transients. The highly efficient UcD amplifier design is renowned for ultra-low noise and distortion through the entire audioband, regardless of the loudspeaker load.
Thanks to its elegant, minimalist design and premium materials, the C 700 will engage all your senses — not just hearing, but sight and touch as well. The amplifier is housed in a solid aluminum case, with a smooth glass front panel and 5” high-definition colour display that shows album art, track progress, and system settings.
Following menus on the C 700’s colour display, you can adjust amplifier settings with the control knob and navigation buttons on the front panel. And the C 700 can learn commands from your favourite remote control.
With built-in Ethernet and Wi-Fi, and a network streamer based on the award-winning BluOS software platform, the C 700 has everything you need to play music through your favourite speakers. You can use the BluOS app to select tunes from internet radio and dozens of different streaming services, or play music stored on an external drive connected to the C 700’s USB port.
The C 700 also supports Spotify Connect and Tidal Connect, so you can control playback from the apps for those services; AirPlay 2 allows you to stream music from Apple devices and iTunes libraries. Music can also be selected by voice, using the Amazon Alexa, Apple Siri, or Google Assistant protocol.
The C 700’s high-resolution DAC can accept streams to 24-bit/192Hz. Like all BluOS-enabled components, the C 700 has full MQA decoding and rendering. With these features, you can enjoy lossless and high-resolution audio from services such as Amazon Music HD, Deezer, Qobuz, and Tidal.
NAD offers software tools that allow the C 700 to be integrated into smart home control systems from Control4, Crestron, Elan, RTI, and others. This allows control of music playback, along with other home systems like lighting, shades, HVAC, and security.
CONNECT AND CONTROL
The C 700 has two pairs of RCA analog inputs, as well as coaxial and optical digital inputs, for connecting disc players, game consoles, media adapters, and other components. There’s also an HDMI eARC port for connecting an HDTV with HDMI eARC support. This allows the C 700’s volume setting to be adjusted from the TV’s remote.
In addition to the loudspeaker outputs, the C 700 has a subwoofer output jack. Using the BluOS app, you can set low and high-pass crossover settings, for a seamless blend between the subwoofer and main speakers.
The C 700 also has two-way aptX HD Bluetooth, so you can listen to music through wireless headphones, and stream audio from any smart device.
The NAD C 700 BluOS Streaming Amplifier is a compact, stylish, all-in-one solution, designed with today’s connected music lovers in mind. Small but mighty, the C 700 will thrill listeners with its effortless, dynamic sound. Out of the box, it can play music from a huge range of local, networked, and cloud-based sources. And with its digital and analog inputs, the C 700 also plays nicely with legacy components.
The C 700 can be used as a standalone music system; or it can be integrated into a BluOS whole-home music system with as many as 63 zones, with full support for high-resolution audio. It can also be combined with other AirPlay 2 components for wholehome music.
Ever since NAD introduced the legendary 3020 integrated amplifier in 1978, the NAD brand has been renowned for value, performance, and innovation. With the C 700 BluOS Streaming Amplifier, NAD has completely updated that tradition for the streaming era.
Features & Details:
- HybridDigital UcD Amplifier
- Continuous Power: 80 Watts per channel into 8/4 ohms
- Instantaneous Power: 120 Watts per channel
- 5” high-definition colour information display shows album art, track progress, and system settings
- Solid aluminum body and glass front panel
- Works with intuitive BluOS Controller app for Android, iOS, macOS, and Windows
- BluOS multi-room streaming to 63 zones
- High-resolution audio to 24-bit/192Hz
- MQA decoding and rendering
- Integrated support for dozens of streaming and Web radio services
- Lossless and high-resolution streaming from Amazon Music HD, Deezer, Idagio, Qobuz, and Tidal
- Support for Apple AirPlay 2, Spotify Connect, and Tidal Connect
- Voice control via Amazon Alexa, Apple Siri, and Google Assistant
- Optical and coaxial digital inputs
- HDMI eARC input
- USB Type A port for connecting an external drive
- Two pairs of line-level analogue inputs
- Subwoofer output, with filter settings controllable from BluOS app
- Wi-Fi and Gigabit Ethernet
- Two-way aptX HD Bluetooth
- 12V Trigger output
- IR remote sensor input
- Available drivers for Control4, Crestron, Elan, RTI, and other smart home control systems
- GENERAL SPECIFICATIONS
- Continuous output power into 8 ohms: >80W (20Hz-20KHz at rated THD+N, both channels driven)
- Continuous output power into 4 ohms: >100W
- THD+N (20 Hz – 20 kHz): <0.04% (250mW to 90W, 4 ohms)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: >84dB(A-weighted,500mV input,ref.1W out in 8 ohms)
- Clipping power: >86W(at 1KHz 0.1% THD 8Rx2CH) >102W(at 1KHz 0.1% THD 4Rx2CH)
- IHF dynamic power: 8 ohms: 100 W
- IHF dynamic power: 4 ohms: 125 W
- Damping factor: >90 (ref.8 ohms,20Hz-20KHz)
- Frequency response: ±0.18dB(20Hz-20KHz)
- Tone Controls: Treble: ±6.0dB at 20KHz
- Tone Controls: Bass: ±6.0dB at 60Hz
- Channel separation: >93dB(1KHz)
- Channel separation: >72dB(10KHz)
- Input sensitivity (for 100 W in 8 ohms): Line In: 550mV
- Input sensitivity (for 100 W in 8 ohms): Digital In: -12%FS
- Standby power: <0.5W
- SUBWOOFER OUT
- Maximum output level: 4.0 Vrms (ref 0.0032% THD+N 100 Hz)
- Signal-to-Noise ratio: >106 dB (20 Hz-20 kHz, ref 1V out)
- THD+N: <0.006 % (20 Hz-200 Hz, ref 1.964V)
- Output impedance: 600 ohms
- Supported audio file format: https://support.bluos.net/hc/en-us/articles/360000191327-What-Formats-are-Supported-by-BluOs
- Sampling rate: up to 32 bit/192 kHz PCM
- Bit depths: 16 – 24
- Network connectivity: Gigabit Ethernet RJ45, Wi-Fi 5
- USB: 1 x Type-A port for connection to USB memory stick (FAT32 or NTFS formatted) and supported peripherals
- Bluetooth quality: aptX HD
- Bluetooth connectivity: Two-Way (Receive and Headphone modes)
- USER INTERFACE
- Supported operating system*: Music playback from network shares on the following desktop operating systems: Microsoft Windows XP, 2000, Vista, 7, 8 to current Windows Operating Systems and macOS versions
- Mobile Application: Free BluOS Controller App available for download from the respective App stores of Apple iOS devices (iPad, iPhone and iPod), Android devices, Kindle Fire and Windows or macOS desktops
- Front panel: Combination of front panel control knob and buttons
- SUPPORTED SERVICES
- Supported Radio, Music Services, Integration and Digital Assistants: https://support.bluos.net/hc/en-us/articles/360000199908-What-Music-Services-does-Blu
- DIMENSION AND WEIGHT
- Gross dimensions (W x H x D)**: 218 x 96 x 266 mm, 8 5/8 x 3 13/16 x 10 1/2 inches
- Shipping weight: 4.8 kg (10.6 lbs)
- * Compatibility to latest versions is subject to future software update
- ** Gross dimension includes feet, extended front and rear panel terminals