When it comes to the CI 940, NAD’s renowned audio performance combines seamlessly with the flexibility and reliability required for custom integration. Containing 4 channels of low distortion amplification, the CI 940 smoothly delivers the right amount of current for strong, but accurate, bass response. Designed to fit into standard rack units, the CI 940 is completely protected from both short circuit and overheating, and will automatically restore operation once a condition has been rectified. Furthermore, easy integration is guaranteed with the option of either DC trigger or signal-sensing power-on with auto shut-off. Complete with a detachable power cable for easy service and upgrades, the CI 940 provides an expansive sonic experience unique in this category of product.
HIGH QUALITY DISTRIBUTED AUDIO
Designed by NAD’s Engineer Emeritus, Bjørn Erik Edvardsen, the CI 940 represents NAD’s newest generation of high performance amplification for custom installation and distributed audio systems. The CI 940 can easily provide the instantaneous peak current required for good bass response by utilizing multiple discrete high power output devices. The power supply features a custom toroidal transformer that maintains very low impedance for lowest noise and amazing damping factor.
Power and Performance
The CI 940 has 4 channels of clean low distortion power set up in a 2 stereo zone configuration. Boasting 35 watts of continuous power per channel, the CI 940 is designed to drive low impedance speakers and long wire runs. Vanishingly low distortion and near absence of noise allow the music to emerge from a ‘black’ background that enhances stereo perspective and allows the subtle details of the music to be heard clearly.
Simplicity in Integration
Easy integration is assured by the choice of DC trigger or signal-sensing auto-on with auto shut-off. The CI 940 employs a sophisticated music-sensing circuit to prevent the false triggers common with noisy source components or other types of interference noise like RF leakage or ground loops.
The power cable is detachable for easy service or cable upgrade; the inputs and triggers offer daisy chain outputs. The amplifier is fully protected from short circuit and overheating and automatically restores operation after the condition is rectified. Indicator LEDs for each zone show protection status.
No worries, No hassle
The 2U rack height and included rack ears make good use of precious rack space. Thermostatically controlled forced air-cooling ensures a long trouble-free service life. Phoenix speaker connection blocks make installation a snap, and wiring further simplified. A bridging feature allows each pair of channels to become a single high power channel.
The CI 940 is everything you want for high quality distributed audio as NAD is in the top tier of all amplifier brands, consistently winning awards for both performance and value for money. Known for their warm, expansive and intensely musical sound, NAD amplifiers are designed to drive real world speaker loads. The NAD CI 940 will bring out the best performance from any speaker giving you the best possible listening experience. It is also very quiet with inaudible residual noise in no-signal conditions, important when using efficient speakers in small spaces. Energy efficiency is also impressive with <0.5W standby consumption and highly efficient power delivery.
- KEY FEATURES
- Four channels of clean, low distortion power set up in two stereo zone configuration: 35W x 4 @ 8 Ohms/4 Ohms, 70W x 2 @ 8 Ohms in Bridge Mode
- Compact 2U rack height with rack ears
- Phoenix speaker connection blocks
- Detachable power cable for easy service and upgrades
- Indicator lamps for each zone that show protection status and amplifier clipping
- <0.5W standby consumption
- <0.03% THD; <0.04% IMD (SMPTE, CCIR)
- >95dBA referenced to 1W
- OVERALL SPECIFICATIONS
- Continuous Output Power
- 8 Ohms/4 Ohms: 4 x 35W (ref. rated THD, 20Hz-20Hz, all channels driven)
- 8 Ohms Bridge Mode: 2 x 70W (ref. 20Hz-20kHz)
- Rated THD (250mW to rated power, CCIF IMD, DIM 100): <0.03% (ref. 20Hz-20kHz)
- IHF Dynamic Power
- 8 Ohms: 55W
- 4 Ohms: 85W
- 2 Ohms: 95W
- Damping factor: >180 (ref. 8 Ohms, 50Hz and 1kHz)
- Input sensitivity: 270mV (ref. rated power)
- Voltage Gain: 35dB
- Frequency response: ref. 20Hz-20kHz ±0.2dB, -3dB at 3Hz and 100kHz
- Signal/Noise Ratio, A-Weighted: >95dB (ref. 1W), >110dB (ref. 35W)
- Maximum input level: >20mV
- Time to Automatic Standby (without signal at input sense mode): 10 minutes
- Rated Power: 270W (120V 60Hz, 230V 50Hz)
- Idle Power: <55W
- Standby Power: <0.5W
- Gross Dimensions* (W x H x D): 483 x 105 x 323mm (19 1/16 x 4 3/16 x 12 3/4”)**
- Net Weight: 6.96kg (15.35lb)
- Shipping Weight: 8.4kg (18.5lb)
- *Gross dimensions include feet, extended buttons and rear panel terminals.
- **Non-metric measurements are approximate.