he MDC2 BluOS-D is the first expansion module offered by NAD that adds Dirac Live room correction* to a two-channel component. Owners use the supplied calibrated microphone and intuitive Dirac Live app to analyze their room’s acoustics, and then upload correction filters to the MDC2 BluOS-D module. The MDC2 BluOS-D module can store up to five Dirac profiles for different listening positions and room conditions—for example whether the drapes are open or closed.
As well as correcting peaks and dips in frequency response, Dirac Live optimizes impulse response by learning how sounds reflect off various surfaces in the listening space. The result is dramatically improved bass clarity, imaging, and timbral accuracy, on music and movie soundtracks.
BLUOS MUSIC STREAMING
The MDC2 BluOS-D module also features BluOS high-resolution music streaming. Available for iOS, macOS, Android, and Windows, the flexible BluOS Controller app provides access to hundreds of internet radio stations and more than 20 streaming services. Like all BluOS products, the MDC2 BluOS-D module supports high-resolution playback up to 24- bit/192kHz, as well as MQA. With the MDC2 BluOS-D module, users can share music from any source connected to the host component with up to 63 BluOS-enabled components on the same network. Playback can also be controlled by Alexa or Google voice commands, and from smart home control systems from Crestron, Control4, Lutron, RTI, and others.
Not only does the MDC2 BluOS-D module include the latest Wi-Fi and Ethernet protocols, but it also supports Apple AirPlay2, Spotify Connect, and Tidal Connect, and incorporates two-way Qualcomm aptX HD Bluetooth. There’s also a USB port for playing music from a connected USB drive. With an MDC2 BluOS-D module installed, MDC2-capable components can play music from a vast range of local, networked, and cloud-based sources. And thanks to its bidirectional communications architecture, MDC2 is ready for technology upgrades that have yet to be conceived. Key Features of the NAD MDC2 BluOS-D Module
- Dirac Live Room Correction*
- Calibrated microphone included for Dirac setup
- Wi-Fi and Ethernet networking
- BluOS music streaming to up to 63 zones
- Support for hundreds of internet radio stations and over20 streaming services
- High-res audio to 24-bit/192kHz
- MQA decoding and rendering
- Apple AirPlay 2 and Siri voice control
- Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant voice control
- Spotify Connect and Tidal Connect
- Two-way (send/receive) Qualcomm aptX HD Bluetooth
- *The module includes a license for Dirac Live with the option for advanced users to upgrade to the Dirac Live Full Frequency version.