Building on acclaim for the award-winning A-9010, Onkyo raises the bar for musicality in the entry class with its A-9150 Integrated Stereo Amplifier. Unique technologies coalesce around a refined amplification system to deliver outstanding transient response, superb dynamics, lifelike sound-staging, and nuanced articulation of your favorite analog or digital music.
Backed by 70 years’ experience in hi-fi design, the A-9150 invites you inside the energy of every musical performance.
Refined Power Amplification
- Refined Power Amplification
- Nuanced Musicality Delivered with Discrete SpectraModule™
- Dedicated MM/MC Phono Circuit Board
- Customized High-Current Transformer and Custom Audio-Grade Capacitors
In order to deliver a clear and comfortable audio image, it's vital that sounds of different frequencies arrive at the listening position simultaneously. Power amplification circuits feature original topology that's carefully tuned for phase accuracy, wide-spectrum signal reproduction, and natural transient response. Fitted with hand-selected audio-grade parts, the amplifier contributes to lifelike and involving sound quality.
Nuanced Musicality Delivered with Discrete SpectraModule™
Discrete SpectraModule boasts a slew rate of over 500 V/μs, significantly higher than competitive products that use a standard IC chip. High-voltage performance enables flat linearity into the megahertz range for full-bandwidth signal reproduction. This is important not only for natural transients expressing the nuances in music with freshness and vitality, but also for accurate definition of instruments ranged around a larger and more realistic soundstage.
Dedicated MM/MC Phono Circuit Board
The A-9150 makes your records sound better than ever. A gold-plated phono input supports signals from either MM or MC cartridges fitted to your choice of turntable. Separate phono circuit board has dedicated equalizers served by a top-quality customized head amp, which operates in discrete configuration for MC signals. Together with analog power amplification, this high-grade phono input design expresses the depth and vitality of music on vinyl.
Customized High-Current Transformer and Custom Audio-Grade Capacitors
Current has great influence on sound quality. High current is required for a better grip on the speaker transducers, improving control and accuracy. A customized high-output transformer and two huge custom capacitors inside the A-9150 deliver current through discrete output-stage transistors that are kept cool by an aluminum heat sink. Speakers react instantly, with throw-range precisely controlled for accurate articulation even through dynamic and complex musical passages.
- 4 ohms: 2 x 60 W/Ch
- High-Current Low-Impedance Drive
- Audio in/out: 10/2
- Phono input: (MM/MC)
- DIDRC (Dynamic Intermodulation Distortion Reduction Circuitry)
- Refined Power Amplification Circuitry with Discrete SpectraModule™
- 192 kHz/24-Bit HD Audio Playback via Coaxial
- Tone control (Bass, Treble, Balance)
- AKM (AK4452) 768 kHz/32-bit Digital-to-Analog Converter
- Two Hi-Grade Customized Capacitors
- 4 Digital Audio Inputs (2 Optical and 2 Coaxial)
- 5 Analog Audio Inputs and 2 Output: (4 Line In, 1 Main In - 1 Pre-Out, 1 Line Out)
- Customized, Gold-Plated, Banana Plug-Compatible
- Machined, Gold-Plated RCA and Phono Terminals
- Power Output: 60 W/Ch (4 Ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.08% THD, 2 Channels Driven, FTC)
- THD+N (Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise): 0.08% (20 Hz-20 kHz, Rated Power)
- Line: 200 mV/220 k-Ohms
- Phono MM: 4.0 mV/47 k-Ohms
- Phono MC: 0.4 mV/120 Ohms
- RC Output: 0.2 V/2.3 k-Ohms (Line Out)
- Phono Overload (MM): 70 mV (1 kHz, 0.5%)
- Phono Overload (MC): 7 mV (1 kHz, 0.5%)
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz-100 kHz / +1 dB, -3 dB (Line 1, Direct)
- Bass: ±10 dB, 100 Hz
- Treble: ±10 dB, 10 kHz
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 107 dB (Line 1, IHF-A), 82 dB (Phono MM, IHF-A), 73 dB (Phono MC, IHF-A)
- Speaker Impedance: 4 ohms–16 ohms (A or B), 8 ohms–16 ohms (A + B)
- Power supply: AC 120 V~, 60 Hz
- No Sound Power Consumption: 35 W
- Power Consumption: 170 W
- Standby Power Consumption: 0.15 W
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17 1/8" x 5 1/2" x 13 1/16" (435 x 139 x 331 mm)
- Weight: 20.3 lbs. (9.2 kg)