Stunning fidelity from a stylish and affordable CD player. By combining high-quality components and decades of Onkyo audio technical knowledge, the C-7030 CD player delivers a superb playback experience. The key lies in keeping the audio signal clean and free from interference, all the way to the output stage.
To achieve this, we employ a new high-precision clock to dramatically reduce timing errors, along with our original VLSC™ to reduce pulse noise.
Driving the system is a massive, custom-built transformer that provides a clean and stable power supply. Given how affordable the C-7030 is, build quality is exceptional. A 1.6 mm-thick flat chassis base helps reduce unwanted vibrations, while the sleek aluminum front panel provides an elegant finish.
VLSC™ (Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry)
In conventional digital-to-analog conversion methods, it’s impossible to completely remove noise. This noise taints the analog signal and ultimately degrades the sound emitted from your speakers. With Onkyo’s VLSC, though, data is continuously sampled between two discrete points—via a signal comparison generator—and the difference is joined with analog vectors in real time to produce a smooth output waveform. The VLSC digital-to-analog conversion method results in an accurate, virtually pulse noise-free audio signal that faithfully reproduces the acoustic detail and subtle nuances of all your audio sources, and breathes life into digital media.
The C-7030 boasts a precise clocking mechanism that controls and coordinates the timing of all digital signal processes—rather like how a conductor directs and coordinates the individual instruments of an orchestra. The C-7030 uses a state-of-the-art crystal oscillator that achieves a frequency deviation of ±10 ppm—much lower than with a conventional oscillator.
Texas Instruments® 192 kHz/24-Bit DAC
A high-quality Texas Instruments digital-to-analog converter works to optimize audio performance on the C-7030. This DAC performs advanced 24-bit signal processing and supports sampling rates of up to 192 kHz, while displaying high resistance to clock jitter. With this DAC on board, the C-7030 delivers a pristine conversion of digital signals into analog audio output.
Fully Flat Anti-Vibration Chassis
When it comes to parts and construction, it’s not in Onkyo’s DNA to cut any corners. The C-7030 is no exception. Build quality starts from the ground up with a highly rigid, 1 /16˝ (1.6 mm)-thick, fully flat chassis that provides excellent protection against shelf-borne vibrations.
- Plays Audio CD, CD-R, CD-RW, MP3 CD, and WMA CD*
- VLSC™ (Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry) for Pulse Noise Reduction
- Custom-Designed Massive EI Transformers
- Precision Clock (±10 ppm)
- Texas Instruments® 192 kHz/24-Bit D/A Converter
- Differential Headphone Amplifier Circuitry
- 25-Track Memory Playback
- Random and Repeat Playback Function
- 2 Digital Audio Outputs (Optical and Coaxial)
- Analog Audio Output
- 1 /16˝ (1.6 mm)-Thick Anti-Vibration Full-Flat Chassis
- Solid Aluminum Front Panel
- 3-Mode Display Dimmer (Normal/Dim/Dimmer)
- Auto Standby Function
- RI (Remote Interactive) Remote Co
- *Discs should be properly finalized
- Frequency Response: 5 Hz–20 kHz/+1 dB, -3 dB (DSP bypass)
- THD (Total Harmonic Distortion): 0.002%
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 106 dB
- Audio Dynamic Range: 100 dB
- Audio Output/Impedance
- Optical: -22.5 dBm
- Coaxial: 0.5 Vp-p/75 ohms
- Analog: 2 V (rms)/600 ohms
- Power Supply: AC 120 V~, 60 Hz
- Power Consumption: 12W
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17 1 /8˝ x 4˝ x 12 1 /16˝
- Weight: 11.7 lbs. (5.3 kg)
- Supplied Accessories
- Instruction manual
- RCA audio cable
- Remote controller
- AAA (R03) batteries x 2