Up to 6 Discs For Hours of Music To Set Your Life To
Music lovers rejoice! Those looking for the ultimate in CD playback from an audiophile grade component will be impressed with high-precision VQA (Vector Quantizer Audio DAC Technology) and 128 x oversampling. Others looking for convenience will thrill at the sight of 6-disc capability, 6 repeat modes, 40 track programming and no worries about interruptions to your music with the ability to change 5 discs while the last one is still playing. All will marvel at crystal clear playback enhanced by our exclusive VLSC (Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry) for a smoother sounding audio signal and Direct Digital Path, a heavily shielded, high-quality cable to protect that same delicate audio signal from noise emitted by the surrounding circuits. Housed in a sturdy chassis graced with a brushed aluminum front panel, the DX-C390 is ready to provide hours of uninterrupted music for the soundtrack to your life.
Unique Design Concept
Change up to 5 discs while one is still playing with the DX-C390’s exclusive 6-disc carousel design. Also, an elegant light is conveniently located above the loading mechanism for easy disc recognition when changing in the dark. And when you open the tray to put in your favorite music, you’ll be amazed at the lack of sound with its exclusive ultra-quiet loading mechanism.
Exclusive Direct Digital Path
Unlike other CD players that use PC-board copper traces to transfer the digital audio signal, the DX-C390 employs a high-purity, heavy-gauge, shielded cable to directly output the digital bitstream straight from the disc to the back panel. The result is a noise-free digital audio signal that is less susceptible to flux.
VLSC (Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry)
Conventional D/A conversion methods reduce digital pulse noise at the conversion stage but can’t remove it completely. Previously only available on Onkyo’s high-end components, VLSC (Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry) employs a unique D/A conversion circuit to overcome this problem. Data is converted between the sampling points and these discrete sampling points are joined with analog vectors in real-time to produce a smooth output wave form. The result—a noiseless, smooth analog signal based on the digital source.
Instead of using your small computer speakers, you can play your MP3 files via the DX-C390—up to 10 hours or more of music on a single disc, depending on the bit rate of the MP3 files. Play these back with Onkyo’s exclusive VLSC (Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry) to bring out the nuances and clarity you would have never thought possible.
- 6-Disc carousel changer with ultra-quiet loading mechanism
- VLSC (Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry)
- VQA (Vector Quantizer Audio) technology
- CD-R/CD-RW/MP3 CD playback capability
- Multi-bit D/A Converter
- 128 x oversampling
- Direct Digital Path
- Change up to 5 discs during play
- Optical & coaxial digital output
- Fixed output
- 40-track programming
- Next selection (via remote)
- 6 Repeat modes (Entire disc/All discs/Random tracks/ Programmed tracks/Random memory/Single track)
- 4-mode display dimmer
- Green light for disc recognition
- Brushed aluminum front panel
- Full-function RI remote control
- Signal Readout System: Optical Non-Contact
- Reading Rotation: About 500-200 r.p.m. (Constant linear velocity)
- Linear Velocity: 1.2-1.4 m/s
- Error Correction System: Cross Interleave Reed Solomon Code
- D/A Converter: Multi-bit
- Number of Channels: 2 (Stereo)
- Digital Filter: 128 x oversampling
- Frequency Response: 5 Hz-20 kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.004 % (at 1 kHz)
- Dynamic Range: 98 dB
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 107dB
- Wow and Flutter: Below threshold of measurability
- Power Supply: AC 120 V, 60 Hz
- Power Consumption: 10 W (120V, 60 Hz)
- Stand-by Power Consumption: 3.9 W
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 435 x 131 x 432 mm
- Weight: 6.8 kg
- CD Players
Great CD Player
We replaced a very old Onkyo 6-disc with a new one. The value for price could not be beat, and the device arrived in about a day. The sound was just the best we had heard ever heard, even better than the one it replaced. We believe in repairing, but it was not available locally for less than the cost of this best deal in audio.
Replacing the 20 year old CD player
I purchased an RCA 5 disc player a couple decades ago, it died ... I was searching the internet for a replacement multi-disc player and spotted the Onkyo unit. I don't need any special features, just a solid multi disc player. This unit totally fit the bill and fits in the spot previously occupied by the RCA unit. Straight forward to hook up in to the component system that I started with in 1973 using a Dynaco PAT-4 preamp kit and a Phase Linear 400 power amp driving the big (15 inch woofer) 4 way speakers I built. The sound is PERFECT!