Why save the best stuff for home theater? Every model in Onkyo's receiver line, starting with the TX-8211, utilizes high-current, low-impedance amplifier design for superior performance. Humbly priced, but made for music fans who appreciate great sound, this is no ordinary stereo receiver.
A look inside reveals Onkyo's attention to detail in every aspect of construction. The transformer: oversized and shielded for maximum power capacity and stability, and minimum hum. The filter capacitor: oversized for clean sound during your music's most demanding dynamic peaks. The cast aluminum heat sink: oversized for efficient heat dissipation, and thus longer life from your receiver. Discrete outputs: designed to run cooler, and to keep your music cleaner, under high-volume, low-impedance conditions. Anti-resonant chassis and aluminum front panel: highly rigid to fight distortion-causing resonance.
So how does it sound? In a word: impressive. The TX-8211 drives 50 clean, muscular watts to each of your stereo speakers. Connect up to 4 audio source components (CD-R, cassette, etc.). When you want to listen to radio, use the 30 AM/FM presets or direct access tuning to jump right to desired stations. Get ready for super-clean Onkyo sound!
- 50 watts x 2 (stereo) into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.08% THD
- direct access tuning
- 30 AM/FM presets
- 4 audio inputs (including phono)
- rotary bass and treble controls
- remote control
- headphone jack
- front-panel switching for two pairs of main speakers
- anti-resonant aluminum front panel
- high-current, low-impedance amplifier design
- oversized power transformer, filter capacitors, and heat sink
- FM sensitivity 11.2 dBf
- 17-1/8"W x 5-15/16"H x 14-1/4"D
- Stereo Receivers