The Sound of the Future
The Onkyo TX-NR5100 7.2-Channel 8K AV Receiver is an affordable and versatile home theater centerpiece tailored to deliver a best-in-class entertainment experience for your movies, music, and next-gen gaming systems.
Our SMART AV Receiver™ combines the latest in HDMI 2.1 and 8K tech, high-res audio, and immersive sound via your connected media players, gaming consoles, and advanced audio from your TV apps via eARC for an unparalleled home theater experience.
Cue and control music with Hey Google, Alexa, or Siri; or hear what’s playing through the AVR on wireless headphones with top-notch Bluetooth® with aptX HD transmission technology. The options are virtually limitless.
- Ready for 8K/4K entertainment
- Enhanced Gaming: Own your opponents with HDMI 2.1 enhancements for gamers: 4K/120Hz HDR pass-through enables ultra-fast motion – VRR (Variable Refresh Rate) eliminates lag, stutter, and frame-tearing for fluid gameplay. – ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode) optimizes latency from source to screen – QFT (Quick Frame Transport) limits lag for a smoother experience.
- Immersive Sound from your TV Apps: eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) simplifies connectivity and supports the latest high-bitrate audio formats including Dolby Atmos®, DTS-HD Master Audio™, DTS: X®, Dolby® TrueHD.
- Stream your favorite music: Use Works with Sonos 1, Chromecast built-in™, AirPlay 2, and DTS Play-Fi®; includes Spotify®, Amazon Music, Pandora®, TIDAL, Deezer, or TuneIn streaming services
- Voice Control: Work with your digital assistant in any room with easy Google and Amazon Alexa SMART home ecosystem integrations
- Roon plays to thousands of USB, Airplay, and Chromecast devices, but Roon-tested devices are profiled by the Roon team to ensure simple setup and effortless daily use. If you own a Roon Tested device, you can have the confidence that you will enjoy the best possible experience with it
- 165 watts x 7 channels (6 ohms, 1 kHz, 10% THD, 1-ch driven)
- 5.2.2-channel Dolby Atmos®
- Dolby Atmos Height Virtualizer and DTS Virtual: X™ 3D sound virtualization technologies
- Stream over 5 GHz/2.4 GHz dual-band Wi-Fi®
- Send or receive audio via Bluetooth® wireless technology
- Apple AirPlay 2
- Music made easy with Chromecast built-in
Download the Onkyo Controller App:
- HDMI® 2.1 WITH 8K
- ULTIMATE 4K GAMING EXPERIENCE
- SMART HOME COMPATIBLE WITH VOICE CONTROL
- AccuEQ Calibration Ready
HDMI® 2.1 WITH 8K
HDMI® 2.1 is the most recent update of the HDMI® spec and supports eARC, a range of higher video resolutions and refresh rates including 8K60 and 4K120, and Dynamic HDR formats. 8K delivers a super-immersive viewing experience with 2x the horizontal and vertical resolution of 4K, and 4 times as many pixels; and combined with 60Hz refresh rate enables smooth and sharp viewing of content with high-speed action. HDMI 2.1 with 8K and eARC ensures your system is ready for the clearest and cleanest picture available both now and down the road.
ULTIMATE 4K GAMING EXPERIENCE
4K/120 enables ultra-fast motion UHD images to be crisp and razor-sharp; and sports, action movies, and high-performance gaming benefit significantly.
SMART HOME COMPATIBLE WITH VOICE CONTROL
The Onkyo TX-NR5100 7.2-Channel 8K SMART AV Receiver easily integrates into your existing Smart Home ecosystem, including Apple Airplay, Alexa, Google apps, and more. You get a highly capable and compatible network device that can operate seamlessly in your multi-room ecosystem.*
*Requires third-party AI compatible smart home device with microphone
AccuEQ Calibration Ready
AccuEQ streamlines the initial setup of your home theater system and ensures your receiver and speakers are properly calibrated for the best performance in your listening space. AccuEQ calculates speaker distance from the listening position, adjusts speaker sound pressure level, and sets the speaker crossover. The latter selects the correct point to roll off low-frequency sound to the subwoofer. The result is clear and balanced full-spectrum surround sound.
Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X® – setting sound free
Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X® formats allow engineers to map sound anywhere in 3D space, effects moving from speaker to speaker all around the room and wrapping your audience in the latest films and games. You can also enjoy your 3D speaker layout with classic titles. Dolby Surround® and DTS® Neural:X find overhead cues in legacy soundtracks and upmix for awesome spatial realism.
Dolby Atmos Height Virtualizer
When playing any Dolby® format, engaging Dolby Atmos Height Virtualizer enables a more immersive listening experience, creating a virtual surround and height effect from traditional speaker layouts without employing additional surround or height speakers.
WORKS WITH SONOS CERTIFIED
This receiver can join your existing Sonos Home Sound System, or be the start of a new one, just by pairing it with a Sonos Port.* This Works With Sonos Certified AVR offers a best-in-class tie-in to the Sonos ecosystem, waking, changing inputs, and playing at the volume you want using the Sonos Volume-Pass Through feature from the Sonos app*.
*Sonos Port required and sold separately
BUILT-IN STREAMING SERVICES
Access to Spotify®, TIDAL, Deezer, TuneIn, and Pandora® are built into the system. Use dedicated apps (where available) or the free Onkyo Control App for Apple and Android devices to find and play music.
READY FOR DTS PLAY-FI®
DTS Play-Fi allows you to enjoy high-quality music from connected online services, networked media servers, and your device library over Wi-Fi® to any number of compatible products using the Onkyo Music Control App for iPad, iPhone, and Android smartphones/tablets. DTS Play-Fi can synchronize the music in every room. Each member of your family can use their own device to listen to their music in a room or group of rooms. DTS Play-Fi lets you structure a comprehensive multi-room ecosystem that satisfies virtually any need.
Dynamic Audio Amplification
Refined over 70 years to deliver emotion in high fidelity, DAA features a custom High-Current Low-Noise Power Transformer, customized capacitors, and discrete amp output stages. Unique topology prevents phase-shift while high current improves speaker control for true dynamic speed. Driving 4-ohm loads through all channels, DAA has power to move.
- Power output (All channels): 165 W/Ch (6 ohms, 1 kHz, 10% THD, 1-ch driven) 80 W/Ch (8 ohms, 20 Hz–20 kHz, 0.08% THD, 2-ch driven, FTC)
- Dynamic power: 160W (3 ohms, Front) 125W (4 ohms, Front) 85W (8 ohms, Front)
- THD+N (Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise): 0.08% (20 Hz–20 kHz)
- Input sensitivity and impedance: 200mVrms/32k-ohms (Line)
- Rated RCA output level and impedance: 1Vrms 200m Vrms/2.2k-ohms（Zone B PreLine-out)
- Frequency response: 10 Hz–100 kHz/+1 dB, -3 dB (Direct/Pure Audio)
- Tone control: ±10 dB, 20 Hz (Bass) ±10 dB, 20 kHz (Treble)
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 106 dB (Line, IHF-A)
- Speaker impedance: 4–16 ohms
- FM: 87.5 MHz–107.9 MHz
- AM: 530 kHz–1,710 kHz
- FM/AM preset memory: 40 stations
- Power supply: AC 120 V~, 60 Hz
- Power consumption (operating): 490 W
- Power consumption (idle): 45 W
- Power consumption (standby): 0.1 W
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17 1/8˝ x 6 5/16˝ x 12 15/16˝ (435 x 160 x 328 mm)
- Weight: 18.5 lbs. (8.4 kg)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 20 11/16˝ x 9 7/16˝ x 15 15/16˝ (525 x 240 x 405 mm)
- Weight: 23.1 lbs (10.5kg)
- Accessories Included
- Indoor FM antenna
- AM loop antenna
- Speaker setup microphone
- Quick Start Guide
- Remote control
- Two AAA (R03) batteries
- Number of Channels: