6-1/2 In-Wall, 2-driver, 2-way in-wall, SHOCK-MOUNT Isolation Mounting System, die-cast aluminum baffle
CI PRO Series
The Custom Installer’s Smarter Choice. The CI PRO series is Crafted in Canada and takes performance to the next level with patented technology, step-up components, and hallmark Paradigm sound quality, plus a new bezel-free micro-perf grille with an incredibly discreet aesthetic.
Innovative Technology makes the Difference
X-PAL™ tweeter with exclusive Perforated Phase-Aligning (PPA™) Tweeter Lens that protects the delicate pure-aluminum tweeter dome and acts as the Phase Plug, blocking out-of-phase frequencies for smoother, extended high frequencies with incredible detail and higher output.
Our tweeter designs are cooled by the original ultra-stable Ferrofluid, made exclusively by Ferrotec. Ferrofluid is a colloidal suspension of magnetic nano particles in a liquid carrier with low volatility and high thermal stability.
Superior Mineral-Filled Co-Polymer Polypropylene Bass/Midrage Cones Oversized computer-optimized ferrite magnets and high-power motor structures deliver detailed midrange performance with clean, extended bass. Even movie dialog is incredibly clean and clear.
Paradigm’s patented† Active Ridge Technology (ART™) surrounds, made in-house and overmolded directly onto each cone, achieve greater excursion for a 3dB gain in distortion-free output (50% greater) compared to drivers with standard surrounds. Crafted from audiophile-grade injection-molded thermoplastic elastomer, ART™ surrounds are more durable and reliable, for a lifetime of superior sound.
Super-strong die-cast aluminum baskets feature integrated heat sinks for higher power handling, for better bass, better dynamics, and less power compression.
Reduced Edge Diffraction (RED™) Technology
RED™ Technology (patent pending) is a die-cast aluminum tweeter housing that significantly reduces negative effects of diffraction while improving critical midrange frequencies. The irregular edges and off-center placement break up standing waves typically found around the woofer cone and tweeter housing of traditional designs. Additionally, the aluminum structure dissipates unwanted heat which increases power handling and allows a lower crossover frequency, improving sound and reducing distortion.
Advanced Features for a Solid and Secure Installation
Die-cast aluminum chassis, baffles (in-wall models only), and clamps add strength and rigidity for better bass and midrange, along with a more durable installation.
Rear Component Shielding protects internal parts from debris. The translucent polycarbonate material creates an installation that will not warp. Flat covers also make it easy to lie speakers down during the installation process without tipping.
Bezel-Free Micro-Perf Grilles.
Pocketed screw holes help to hold the drill steady, making installation a snap.
Magnetically attached grilles: neodymium magnets hold grilles firmly in place.
Nickel-plated, spring loaded binding posts feature a larger wire hole to accept higher-gauge wire or banana plugs.
Premium-grade components include high-power rated resistors, capacitors and heavy gauge wire inductors.
Crafted in Canada
Designed, engineered, and fully Crafted in Canada, by people who love great audio (just like you). CI Pro Series products are truly hand-built for performance.
Partnered with the NRC
Paradigm is partnered with Canada’s world-renowned NRC in ongoing research to reveal the true nature of sound and human hearing. Findings influence design and performance specs, resulting in a uniquely realistic listening experience, backed by sound science.
- DESIGN: 2-driver, 2-way in-wall, SHOCK-MOUNT™ Isolation Mounting System, die-cast aluminum baffle
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE (on-axis): ±3 dB from 70 Hz - 22 kHz
- HIGH FREQUENCY DRIVER: 1" (2.5cm) X-PAL™ dome, ferro-fluid damped / cooled, Reduced Edge Diffraction (RED™) Technology, Perforated Phase-Aligning (PPA™) Tweeter Lens
- MID/BASS FREQUENCY DRIVER: 6.5" (16.5cm) mineral-filled polypropylene cone, overmolded Active Ridge Technology (ART™) surround, die-cast aluminum chassis
- SENSITIVITY ROOM / ANECHOIC:91.5 dB / 87.5 dB
- IMPEDANCE: Compatible with 8 ohms
- FINISHES: White, paintable grille, black/grey speaker
- WEIGHT: 8.2 lbs. (3.7 kg)
- LOW FREQUENCY EXTENSION: 35 Hz
- CROSSOVER: 2nd-order electro-acoustic at 2.5 kHz
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE(30° OFF-AXIS): ±3 dB from 70 Hz - 18 kHz
- SUITABLE AMPLIFIER POWER RANGE: 15-120 W
- MAXIMUM INPUT POWER: 90 W
- OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 11.3125" (28.7cm) Height 8.125" (20.6cm) Width 3.875" (9.8cm) Depth
- CUT-OUT DIMENSIONS: 10.1875" (25.9cm) Height 7" (17.8cm) Width
- MINIMUM MOUNTING DEPTH (Depth Required is the Distance Between Drywall ): 3.375" (8.6cm)