Single speaker system with stereo L/R inputs, 3-driver, 2 x 2-way coaxially mounted high-frequency drivers, weather, water, UV-resistant sealed enclosure, self draining fissures
Rock Monitor SM
hese high-performance single-speaker systems provide two channels of L/R sound outdoors. Their Dual-Directional Soundfield™ — two tweeters, each offset at a 30° angle—and twin voice coil bass/midrange driver ensure extremely wide dispersion, a particularly important consideration outdoors where there are no walls or ceiling to contain sound. Rock Monitors are ideal in small outdoor areas less suited to a stereo pair of speakers or where a single speaker is preferred. In large, or unusually shaped areas, multiple rock speakers can be used to eliminate sound imbalances that occur with stereo sound as people move around or are seated closer to one speaker than the other. For additional placement options, see your Dealer.
Superior Dual PTD™ Pure-Titanium Domes offset at 30° angles. Outdoor high-frequency performance is smooth, pure, exceptionally well-extended with tremendous clarity across a wide outdoor listening area. No other rock speaker on the market can compare!
Superior Dual Voice-Coil ICP™ Injection-Molded Co-Polymer Polypropylene Cones. Die-cast aluminum chassis, oversized, computer-optimized ferrite magnets, superior motor structures. Midrange performance is superbly detailed and oh, so natural.
Rock Monitor™ SM Enclosures
Unparalleled Outdoor Quality! PolyGlass™ Enclosures with Faux-Stone Finishes are fully sealed (no ports!) and highly damped. Stainless steel grilles and self-draining natural rock fissures. Weather, water and UV-resistant, even under adverse conditions.
Partnered with the NRC
Paradigm is partnered with Canada’s world-renowned NRC in ongoing research to reveal the true nature of sound and human hearing. Findings influence design and performance specs, resulting in a uniquely realistic listening experience, backed by sound science.
- Design: Single speaker system with stereo L/R inputs, 3-driver, 2 x 2-way coaxially mounted high-frequency drivers, weather, water, UV-resistant sealed enclosure, self draining fissures
- Crossover(s): wo 2nd-order electro-acoustic at 3.0 kHz
- High-Frequency Driver(s): Two 25-mm (1 in) PTD™ domes
- Low-Frequency Driver: Dual voice-coil, 165-mm (6-1/2 in) ICP™ cone, die-cast chassis
- Frequency Response: On-Axis 30˚: ±2 dB from 66 Hz - 20 kHz
- Frequency Response: Off-Axis 30: ±2 dB from 66 Hz - 18 kHz
- Sensitivity Room: 89 dB (groundplane measurement)
- Suitable Amplifier Power Range: 15 - 100 watts Mono; 15 - 55 watts / channel Stereo Input
- Maximum Input Power: 70 watts Mono; 35 watts / channel Stereo Input
- Impedance: Compatible with 4 ohms Mono; 8 ohms / channel Stereo Input
- Low Frequency Extension: 44 Hz (DIN)
- Height, Width, Depth: 12.25" × 11.125" × 10.625" (31.1cm × 28.3cm × 27.0cm)
- Weight (unpacked): 12.1 lbs. (5.5 kg)
- Finishes: Northeastern Dark Granite, Fieldstone