A Master Class in Design and Engineering
The all-new XR subwoofers are a master class in design and engineering refinement that challenges what is possible from a compact, sealed subwoofer design. Our goal was to push the boundaries of performance while never losing sight of aesthetics by wrapping everything up into a suitable size that won’t ever feel out of place.
XR embodies our “Art Embracing Science” philosophy. It’s the perfect complement to any system and blends perfectly with our award-winning Founder series of loudspeakers.
Faceted Cabinet Design:
XR’s cabinet is not only purposefully beautiful but intentionally functional. The geometric profile elegantly distributes the massive load of housing the powerful woofer inside, providing greater strength and rigidity than traditional rectangular designs
Further increases cabinet rigidity for maximum acoustic precision while also breaking up standing waves internally, which provides more accuracy and greater bass clarity.
Best-in-Class Premium-Grade Finishes:
XR cabinets are offered in various beautiful premium-grade finishes: Walnut and Black Walnut have a smooth satin finish with distinctive wood grain. Our exclusive Midnight Cherry and Piano Black feature a luxurious hand-rubbed, high-gloss finish.
Vertical Mounting System:
To further improve the XR’s performance-to-size ratio, Paradigm engineers used a Vertical Mounting System to fit more woofer into the same space, maximizing the performance possible while keeping the footprint of the subwoofer in check.
Dual-Motor Ultra Long Throw Trilinear Suspension:
XR’s Ultra Long Throw Trilinear Suspension is grounded by a dual-spider centring system that supports the voice coil on both sides to ensure clean linear motion while pushing the envelope of its excursion.
Split Coil Construction:
Oppositely wound turns on each coil, effectively eliminate motor non-linearity. High-temperature wire (adhesives rated to 450° F/232° C) ensure long-term reliability and very high power handling. Apical™ formers contribute to high stiffness.
Patented Active Ridge Technology (ART™):
XR’s patented ART driver design “overmolds” durable driver surrounds to allow the farthest possible throw without distortion or destruction for a 3dB gain in output, with a 50% reduction in audible distortion compared to drivers held back by standard surrounds.
CARBON-X Unibody Bass Driver:
XR’s Carbon fiber reinforced drivers use a single-piece cone construction for added strength, especially at higher volumes, with the lowest possible mass to ensure every detail and note can be felt.
Up to 2.2kW of Powerful Class-D Amplification:
With colossal power reserves and the massive output capability of its Ultra Long Throw Trilinear Suspension enabled woofer, the XR subwoofers achieve effortless sound during even the most demanding musical passages or movie soundtracks
Anthem Room Correction (ARC®)
with ARC Genesis Software and premium Microphone.
Mobile Control App:
Power without control is meaningless, so to control and tune XR’s performance, we added our simple and powerful mobile Control App. Get quick and easy access to all of XR’s settings and sound adjustments, including volume, phase, low pass filter, DSP mode and more, all from the comfort of your seat.
The Caged Beast. The Heart of XR.
- Active Ridge Technology (ART™) Surround
- VMS (Vertical Mounting System)
- Dual High-Temperature Voice Coil
- Ventilated Apical™ Former
- Die-cast aluminum bottom basket
- Die-Cast Aluminum top basket
- Ultra-High-Excursion Carbon-X Unibody Cone
- Premium Nomex® Spider
- Triple Stacked Ceramic Magnet
- Premium Nomex® Spider
Advanced Shock-Mount Technology
XR is not only about maximizing output but minimizing distortion too. The feet are designed with multi-layered durometer rubber-metal matrices to provide industry-leading isolation whose benefits can be measured and heard in the real world. Not only does this give a more accurate sound while elevating low-frequency performance, but it is also a neighbor-friendly technology.
Where Form & Function Are One
XR expertly blends form and function to combine every element acting as reinforced bracing to create a beautiful yet robust enclosure free of performance-robbing vibrations.
Made in Canada
The XR Series is completely designed, engineered, and built at our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility outside Toronto, Canada. It’s made by people who love great audio (just like you).
- DESIGN: 13” (330 mm) Ultra-high Excursion Driver with Trilinear Suspension System and Active Ridge Technology (ART™), sealed enclosure with Cascade-Fusion™ Bracing and ADVANCED Shock-Mount™, built-in 2,200W RMS (4,400W Dynamic Peak) Class-D amplifier, App-controlled via smartphone and Anthem Room Correction (ARC®) Included
- LOW FREQUENCY DRIVER: 13” (330 mm) Ultra-High-Excursion CARBON-X Unibody Bass Driver, with Trilinear Suspension System and Active Ridge Technology (ART™), high-temperature voice coil
- EFFECTIVE PISTON AREA (SD): 93.7 sq in / 0.06 sq m
- EFFECTIVE DISPLACEMENT: 366.1 cu in/6 L
- LOW FREQUENCY RESPONSE *: 12 Hz (DIN)
- AMPLIFIER POWER: 2,200W RMS (4,400W Dynamic Peak) Class-D amplifier, App-controlled via smartphone and Anthem Room Correction (ARC®) Included
- AMPLIFIER FEATURES: Auto-On / Off, Trigger On / Off
- ROOM CORRECTION: ARC Genesis (microphone included)
- UNBALANCED INPUTS: Stereo or Mono (dual RCA jacks)/ LFE RCA jack
- BALANCED INPUTS: One Balanced XLR (LFE
- SPEAKER/HIGH-LEVEL INPUTS: Left and right speaker level inputs
- INPUT GROUNDING: Grounded
- POLARITY: 0 or 180 degrees
- PHASE: Variable 0°-180°
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE ON AXIS: ±3dB from 17 Hz to 140 Hz
- OVERALL DIMENSIONS† (h x w x d): 18.8” x 17.3 ” x 19.4” (47.8cm x 43.8cm x 49.3cm)
- WEIGHT (UNPACKED): 103.8 lb / 47.1 kg
- FINISHES: Gloss: Piano Black & Midnight Cherry Satin: Walnut & Black Walnut