BAD TUBE INDICATOR
If a tube fails, Adaptive AutoBias will instantly put the amplifier into protection mode so no parts can get damaged. A red LED will light up in front of the tube that needs replacing. Simply plug in another tube, and listen.
CUSTOM TOROIDAL POWER TRANSFORMERS
All PrimaLuna products use massive, potted toroidal transformers. PrimaLuna transformers are enclosed in a metal housing and then potted in a non-microphonic resin to further reduce noise and to protect the windings from moisture and deterioration forever.
CUSTOM SUPER-WIDE-BANDWIDTH OUTPUT TRANSFORMERS
"The flat tops and bottoms of these squarewaves correlate with the amplifier's extended low-frequency response; PrimaLuna's output transformers are of excellent quality." -John Atkinson, Stereophile Magazine
PrimaLuna's Adaptive AutoBias is a true, smart technology employing an array of sensors to monitor tubes and make adjustments seamlessly in real time. More important, it is the ONLY circuit of its kind that is truly "adaptive" by addressing "tube pinch off" at higher volumes, therefore reducing distortion by over 50% and greatly extending tube life. Adaptive AutoBias is completely passive and NOT in the signal path. The result is low to no maintenance, long tube life, and the lowest possible distortion for amazing sound.
POINT TO POINT WIRING W/ SWISS MADE WIRE
PrimaLuna employs Point to Point Wiring on all products. The entire signal path, including resistors and capacitors, is painstakingly hand wired with heavy-gauge cable by craftsman.
SMARTWATTS - EXTENDED TUBE LIFE
PrimaLuna runs their output tubes at a minimum dissipation without going into crossover distortion.
- Stereo/Mono Switchable
- Adaptive AutoBias
- Point to Point Wiring
- Bad Tube Indicator
- Wide-Bandwidth Output Transformers
- Potted Toroidal Power Transformer
- Input Impedance: 100 kΩ
- Inputs: Stereo/Mono RCA
- Outputs: Stereo: 4,8,16Ω Speaker, Mono: 2,4,8Ω Speaker
- Power: Stereo(8Ω, 1% THD) 40 watts x 2 (EL34)
- Power: Mono (8Ω, 1% THD) 82 watts (EL34)
- THD: < 0.1% @ 1W < 2% @ Full Power
- Frequency Response: 12Hz-85kHz +/- 1dB, 10Hz-95kHz +/- 3dB
- S/N Ratio: 92 dB (stereo) 93 dB (mono)
- Input Sensitivity: 880mV
- Input Impedance: 100kΩ
- Power Consumption: 270 watts (stereo) 280 watts (mono)
- Standard Tube Complement: 2 - 12AX7, 2 - 12AU7, 4 - EL34
- Faceplate Options: Black or Silver
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 11 x 7.5 x 15.9"
- Weight: 37.4 lbs