High quality recording of analogue media on computers!
Our aim was to design a product which is very flexible and allows converting precious vinyl records or analogue tapes to computer. This digital copy acts as an indestructible backup and archive of valuable and beloved audio collections and extends the lifetime of rarity records and tapes.
Storing music in computers offers the possibility of removing clicks, eliminating noise from old and wearing recordings. Data from computers can be burned on CD and also can be used in cars and with mobile devices as smartphones, tablets etc.
A front-sided input selector allows you to select desired inputs: Phono or Line. Signal from selected input is present on analogue output. This function allows to connect AD Box S2 Phono permanently in an HiFi system, use it as standard phono preamplifier and in case of need you can convert your records to digital data, stored in your computer. Record level adjustment is extremely helpful, because signal source scans significantly vary in level of their output voltage. Such big differences in voltage level can easily overload input of an A/D converter what is hearable as a distortion.
On the other hand, if the AD Box S2 Phono converter is not fed with the proper level of the signal, the sound will lose resolution. This is the reason why the level of the signal on ADC input must be set carefully. Due to its outstanding audio quality and valuable features, AD Box S2 Phono is the perfect partner for recording of analogue sources.
Compatible upgrade power supply: Accu Box S2, Accu Box S2 USB.
- MM & MC capable
- Linear RIAA equalisation
- Phono stage technology by Dr. Sykora
- Line level input switchable
- Recording level control
- USB recording output to computer (Win & Mac)
- Ultra low noise & low distortion levels
- SMD circuitry
- Metal casing protects against vibration and interference
- Available in silver or black
- Input capacitance/input impedance, MC: 100 Ohm / 12 0pF
- Input capacitance/input impedance, MM: 47 kOhm / 120 pF
- Gain, MM/MC: 40 dB / 56 dB
- Gain, line level input: 11 dB
- Max. Output: 5 Vrms / 1 kHz
- Noise floor, MM / MC: 94 dBA / 75 dBA
- THD, MM/ MC: <0,003% / <0,02%
- RIAA-equalisation curve accuracy: 20 Hz - 20 kHz / max. 0,5 dB
- A/D converter: Burr Brown PCM2904 16-Bit Delta Sigma
- Sampling Rates: 32, 44,1 und 48kHz
- USB output: 5 pin mini b connector
- USB signal: digital serial data protocol USB 1.1
- Phono-In: 1 pair RCA/phono sockets
- Line-In: 3-pole 3.5 mm co-axial jack
- Analogue output: 1 pair RCA/phono socket
- Outboard power supply: 5 V /1 A DC
- Power Consumption: 300 mA DC, <1W in standby
- Dimensions W x H x D with sockets: 103 x 37 x 127 mm
- Weight: 330 g without power supply