Phono Box ultra 500 – Luxury and audiophilia combined!
Phono Box ultra 500 is like no other phono preamplifier in its segment. The „500“ in the name as well as the general availability, worldwide limited to 500 pieces, celebrate the 500,000th Phono Box that Pro-Ject shipped in early 2018. We took this milestone as an occasion to create a one-of-a-kind phono preamplifier.
The polished chrome surface outshines every competitor in this price segment and offers undeniable aesthetics. Underneath this surface we have used a copper body, which is known to have high qualities in protecting against high frequency interferences. The internal design has been reworked. We are now offering a fully discrete, OpAmp less, design, which enabled us to realize an incredibly harmonious sound.
On top of leaving out operational amplifiers we decided to use polystyrene capacitors, which significantly contribute to the high end sound Phono Box ultra 500 offers.
These capacitors are known amongst audiophiles as the holy grail for phono preamplifiers.
- Limited, exclusive edition of 500 pieces
- Audiophile Performance
- Chrome surface on Copper body
- No operational amplifiers used!
- Audiophile-grade polystyrene capacitors
- Precise RIAA equalisation
- Switchable Subsonic filter –18dB @ 20Hz
- Switchable input impedance/capacitance
- Four adjustable gain levels
- Outstanding sound quality
- Input impedance: 10/100/1k/47k Ohms
- Input capacitance: 100/220 pF
- Gain switch: 40/43/60/63 dB
- Subsonic: -18 dB @ 20 Hz
- Signal-to-noise ratio: - 89 dB V (MM)
- THD: 0.00052%
- RIAA: < 0.4 dB / 20 Hz - 20k Hz
- In/Out sockets: One pair RCA sockets, each
- Power consumption: 18 V / 80 mA
- Outboard power supply: 18 Volt DC / 500 mA
- Dimensions ( W x H x D ): 103 x 37 x 119 mm
- Color: Chrome polished
- Weight: 700 g without power supply