Rega Planar 2 Turntable with RB220 Tonearm and Carbon Cartridge
Note: Although no images are currently available, the dust cover is included in this offer.
The new Planar 2 was developed over the past two years alongside the recently released Planar 3. Featuring the brand new RB220 tonearm which is packed with groundbreaking new features.
A new 24v, low noise motor, acrylic laminated plinth, newly designed central bearing and so much more. Every feature of this innovative new turntable is designed to extract the maximum amount of information and detail from your vinyl collection.
Featuring the brand new RB220 tonearm which is packed with groundbreaking new features. Incorporating new ultra low friction, Rega designed, bespoke, zero play ball bearings (Patent Pending), housed within a brand new, stiffer and lightweight bearing housing which was developed with a new automatic bias setting negating the need for the user to set bias, making it almost completely plug and play apart from simple arm balancing. The new housing also includes an integrated arm clip and uses Rega's latest custom aluminium arm tube.
- New 11mm self securing brass bearing (Patent Pending) offering improved fit and less stress on the bearing preventing the transfer of potential energy
- New 24v low noise, low vibration motor assembly and new PCB
- New float glass ‘Optiwhite’ 10mm – Improved accuracy platter
- Re-designed feet - New improved foot assembly to increase stability and reduce vibration transfer
- Carbon cartridge - supplied as standard on all Planar 2’s for simple plug and play convenience
- Motor cover tray - with integrated cooling
- Optional lid / plinth protectors - supplied to prevent marks on the plinth and keep it looking its best
- Motor: low-noise 24V AC Single-phase brushless
- Power Supply: No
- Available Finishes: Gloss black, white, or red
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17.60 x 4.61 x 14.17
- Weight: 12.13 lbs
PSB Alpha AM3 Compact Powered Bookshelf Speaker (Pair)
The AM3 is a compact home music system that connects to virtually any device, wired or wirelessly, and delivers bold stereo sound for everything you enjoy, from vinyl to music streaming. Constructed with premium components and designed with decades of award-winning acoustics, the AM3 powered speakers deliver full-range sound with zero distortion thanks to their 4” midbass drivers and ¾” aluminium ferrofluid-cooled tweeters for crystal-clear highs. With a built-in phono preamp you can connect a turntable without extra components or gear, while still being able to stream music from any app or device with high-definition Bluetooth.
Behind the Alpha Series
First designed and manufactured in a small Canadian town in 1991, the Alpha Series started with the simple idea of creating affordable speakers that were focused purely on performance. With passion and dedication in pursuit of a natural sounding speaker, and by leveraging almost 50 years of research conducted at the Canadian National Research Council, the Alphas are known as one of the world’s most iconic speakers and are still the reference benchmark for entry-level hi-fi speakers today.
The AM3 is simple to set up and use – simply pair and play. Whether you want to stream music from your mobile device, connect to your TV or computer, or hook them up to a turntable via the dedicated RCA phono input, the AM3’s will deliver natural, detailed sound with precision and less distortion. Packed with surprising bass, the AM3 features a special 4” woofer and is driven by a 35 watt amplifier. Looking for even deeper bass? Add a subwoofer of your choice and get ready to fill your room with even more impressive sound.
Matched components, unmatched performance
Leveraging amplification expertise from our sister brands provided the PSB design team the considerable advantage of designing a speaker for a known amplifier. Add the power of DSP and suddenly the frequency response, bass extension and total output are optimized to a remarkable level of performance. Exceptionally few powered speakers share intellectual resources of this magnitude, making the Alpha AM3 a standout in the crowd of powered speakers.
Simple and Compact
Featuring acoustically transparent detachable magnetic grilles in a choice of matte black or matte white finish, the AM3 offers a timeless design that will seamlessly blend into any décor. The compact size of the AM3 makes it the perfect system for a desk in your office, or a tabletop in your living room or bedroom.
- 4” (100mm) Black steel polypropylene midbass woofer
- ¾” (19mm) Aluminium ferro-fluid cooler tweeter with front waveguide
- Built with a high-performance Class D amplifier with 35 watts
- Acoustically engineered cabinet with a tuned port for low bass
- Built-in phono preamp with a rear RCA input for turntables
- Qualcomm aptX HD for high-definition Bluetooth streaming
- Rear mounted volume control, sub out, and AUX inputs
- Frequency Response
- On Axis @ 0°±3dB: 56Hz-20Khz
- LF Cutoff -10dB” 40Hz
- Amplifier Power
- Amplifier Power: 35 watts x 2 RMS
- Acoustic Design
- Tweeter (Nominal): 3/4″ (19mm), Aluminum Dome with Ferrofluid, Neodymium Magnet
- Woofer (Nominal): 4″ (100mm) Cone, Rubber Surround, Steel Basket
- Analog: 3.5mm, Phono MM
- Digital: Optical, USB
- Wireless: aptX™ Bluetooth
- Design Type: Bass Reflexv
- Cabinet: MDF
- Cabinet Sleeve: Vinyl
- Baffle Front: MDF
- Grille: Perforated Metal
- Size (W x H x D)
- Net Dimensions: 5 1/8” x 8 5/8” x 6 7/8” (130 x 220 x 174mm)
- Net Weight: 10 lbs (4.5 kg)
- Shipping Dimensions: 14 1/8” x 9 7/8” x 11 1/2” (359 x 251 x 292mm)
- Shipping Weight: 11.7 lbs (5.3 kg)