Rega Planar 1 Turntable with RB110 Tonearm
Note: The dust cover is included in this offer.
The new Planar 1 is the most user friendly Rega turntable to date. Now with preset bias force on the brand new RB110 tonearm, the Planar 1 is set up in seconds after unpacking. Simply slide the balance weight onto the rear of the tonearm as far as it will go, remove the stylus guard and start spinning your favourite vinyl.
Performance beyond price
Every single aspect of the Planar 1 has been meticulously designed to improve performance. For the first time the Planar 1 is now running a 24v, low noise, synchronous motor to reduce vibration transfer combined with our brand new RB110 tonearm fitted with Rega's bespoke zero play bearings. Only sharing the drive belt, sub platter and dust cover from the outgoing RP1, this is truly a new turntable from the ground up.
- Rega Carbon cartridge supplied fitted as standard
- The first entry level Rega turntable to use a 24v, synchronous AC motor with a new motor PCB and aluminium pulley offering low noise and better speed stability
- Brand new Thermoset, gloss laminated plinth with vastly improved appearance and new ergonomically positioned on/off switch located on the underside
- Re-designed brass main bearing, offering improved fit and removing stress on the bearing itself whilst minimising the transfer of potential energy
- Brand new, 23mm, higher mass, phenolic platter with improved flywheel effect for improved speed stability
- New improved feet to increase stability and reduce vibration transfer
- New motor cover tray with integrated cooling
- New 111g ‘Plug and Play’ balance weight
- Dust Cover Included
- Motor: low-noise 24V AC Single-phase brushless
- Power Supply: Yes
- Available Finishes: Matt black or white
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17.60 x 4.61 x 14.73)
- Weight: 9.26 lbs
PSB Alpha AM3 Compact Powered Bookshelf Speaker (Pair)
The AM3 is a compact home music system that connects to virtually any device, wired or wirelessly, and delivers bold stereo sound for everything you enjoy, from vinyl to music streaming. Constructed with premium components and designed with decades of award-winning acoustics, the AM3 powered speakers deliver full-range sound with zero distortion thanks to their 4” midbass drivers and ¾” aluminium ferrofluid-cooled tweeters for crystal-clear highs. With a built-in phono preamp you can connect a turntable without extra components or gear, while still being able to stream music from any app or device with high-definition Bluetooth.
Behind the Alpha Series
First designed and manufactured in a small Canadian town in 1991, the Alpha Series started with the simple idea of creating affordable speakers that were focused purely on performance. With passion and dedication in pursuit of a natural sounding speaker, and by leveraging almost 50 years of research conducted at the Canadian National Research Council, the Alphas are known as one of the world’s most iconic speakers and are still the reference benchmark for entry-level hi-fi speakers today.
The AM3 is simple to set up and use – simply pair and play. Whether you want to stream music from your mobile device, connect to your TV or computer, or hook them up to a turntable via the dedicated RCA phono input, the AM3’s will deliver natural, detailed sound with precision and less distortion. Packed with surprising bass, the AM3 features a special 4” woofer and is driven by a 35 watt amplifier. Looking for even deeper bass? Add a subwoofer of your choice and get ready to fill your room with even more impressive sound.
Matched components, unmatched performance
Leveraging amplification expertise from our sister brands provided the PSB design team the considerable advantage of designing a speaker for a known amplifier. Add the power of DSP and suddenly the frequency response, bass extension and total output are optimized to a remarkable level of performance. Exceptionally few powered speakers share intellectual resources of this magnitude, making the Alpha AM3 a standout in the crowd of powered speakers.
Simple and Compact
Featuring acoustically transparent detachable magnetic grilles in a choice of matte black or matte white finish, the AM3 offers a timeless design that will seamlessly blend into any décor. The compact size of the AM3 makes it the perfect system for a desk in your office, or a tabletop in your living room or bedroom.
- 4” (100mm) Black steel polypropylene midbass woofer
- ¾” (19mm) Aluminium ferro-fluid cooler tweeter with front waveguide
- Built with a high-performance Class D amplifier with 35 watts
- Acoustically engineered cabinet with a tuned port for low bass
- Built-in phono preamp with a rear RCA input for turntables
- Qualcomm aptX HD for high-definition Bluetooth streaming
- Rear mounted volume control, sub out, and AUX inputs
- Frequency Response
- On Axis @ 0°±3dB: 56Hz-20Khz
- LF Cutoff -10dB” 40Hz
- Amplifier Power
- Amplifier Power: 35 watts x 2 RMS
- Acoustic Design
- Tweeter (Nominal): 3/4″ (19mm), Aluminum Dome with Ferrofluid, Neodymium Magnet
- Woofer (Nominal): 4″ (100mm) Cone, Rubber Surround, Steel Basket
- Analog: 3.5mm, Phono MM
- Digital: Optical, USB
- Wireless: aptX™ Bluetooth
- Design Type: Bass Reflex
- Cabinet: MDF
- Cabinet Sleeve: Vinyl
- Baffle Front: MDF
- Grille: Perforated Metal
- Size (W x H x D)
- Net Dimensions: 5 1/8” x 8 5/8” x 6 7/8” (130 x 220 x 174mm)
- Net Weight: 10 lbs (4.5 kg)
- Shipping Dimensions: 14 1/8” x 9 7/8” x 11 1/2” (359 x 251 x 292mm)
- Shipping Weight: 11.7 lbs (5.3 kg)