Rega Planar 1 Turntable with RB110 Tonearm and Carbon Cartridge
Note: The dust cover is included in this offer.
The new Planar 1 is the most user friendly Rega turntable to date. Now with preset bias force on the brand new RB110 tonearm, the Planar 1 is set up in seconds after unpacking. Simply slide the balance weight onto the rear of the tonearm as far as it will go, remove the stylus guard and start spinning your favourite vinyl.
Performance beyond price
Every single aspect of the Planar 1 has been meticulously designed to improve performance. For the first time the Planar 1 is now running a 24v, low noise, synchronous motor to reduce vibration transfer combined with our brand new RB110 tonearm fitted with Rega's bespoke zero play bearings. Only sharing the drive belt, sub platter and dust cover from the outgoing RP1, this is truly a new turntable from the ground up.
- Rega Carbon cartridge supplied fitted as standard
- The first entry level Rega turntable to use a 24v, synchronous AC motor with a new motor PCB and aluminium pulley offering low noise and better speed stability
- Brand new Thermoset, gloss laminated plinth with vastly improved appearance and new ergonomically positioned on/off switch located on the underside
- Re-designed brass main bearing, offering improved fit and removing stress on the bearing itself whilst minimising the transfer of potential energy
- Brand new, 23mm, higher mass, phenolic platter with improved flywheel effect for improved speed stability
- New improved feet to increase stability and reduce vibration transfer
- New motor cover tray with integrated cooling
- New 111g ‘Plug and Play’ balance weight
- Dust Cover Included
- Motor: low-noise 24V AC Single-phase brushless
- Power Supply: Yes
- Available Finishes: Gloss black or white
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17.60 x 4.61 x 14.73)
- Weight: 9.26 lbs
PSB Alpha AM5 Powered Bookshelf Speaker (Pair)
The Alpha AM5 is a powered two-speaker stereo system that will revolutionize your traditional home audio experience. Featuring trickle-down acoustic technology from PSB’s most iconic speaker designs, the AM5 powered speaker includes a custom designed driver set with a ¾” aluminium ferrofluid-cooled tweeter and a 5 ¼” midbass woofer that together deliver a rich and detailed full-range sound. You can listen to favourites on vinyl with a built-in phono preamp, or stream music and playlists via Bluetooth in true high-definition with Qualcomm aptX HD. It’s PSB legendary sound, for everything you listen to and enjoy.
Behind the Alpha Series
First designed and manufactured in a small Canadian town in 1991, the Alpha Series started with the simple idea of creating affordable speakers that were focused purely on performance. With passion and dedication in pursuit of a natural sounding speaker, and by leveraging almost 50 years of research conducted at the Canadian National Research Council, the Alphas are known as one of the world’s most iconic speakers and are still the reference benchmark for entry-level hi-fi speakers today.
Matched components, unmatched performance
Leveraging amplification expertise from our sister brands provided the PSB design team the considerable advantage of designing a speaker for a known amplifier. By adding the power of digital signal processing, frequency response, bass extension and output are optimized to a remarkable level of performance. Very few powered speakers share intellectual resources of this magnitude, making the Alpha AM5 a standout in the crowd of powered speakers. A renowned amplifier company and speaker company perfecting the powered speaker is truly a match made in acoustic heaven.
Flexible and convenient
Just like its smaller brother, the AM3, these powered bookshelf speakers are effortless to set up and use. There’s no amplifier to hook up or apps to download. Streaming your favourite music from your devices is easy thanks to aptX Bluetooth – simply pair and play. Enjoy connecting them to your computer or TV for clear, natural sound. The AM5 even features several sound modes, allowing you to accentuate dialogue, soundstage and more. Vinyl lovers will appreciate the dedicated RCA phono input. Where desired, use the sub output to add a subwoofer for even deeper bass.
Simple, timeless design
Featuring acoustically transparent detachable magnetic grilles in a choice of matte black or matte white finish, the AM5 offers a simple and timeless design that seamlessly blends into any décor. The elegant cabinet design lends itself to a wide variety of placement options, from desktop to bookshelf, or even stand mount.
- 5 ½” (133mm) Black steel polypropylene midbass woofer
- ¾” (19mm) Aluminium ferro-fluid cooler tweeter with front waveguide
- Built with a high-performance Class D amplifier with 50 watts
- Acoustically engineered cabinet with a tuned port for low bass
- Built-in phono preamp with a rear RCA input for turntables
- Qualcomm aptX HD for high-definition Bluetooth streaming
- Rear mounted volume control, sub out, and AUX inputs
- Frequency Response
- On Axis @ 0°±3dB: 55Hz-20Khz
- LF Cutoff -10dB: 36Hz
- Amplifier Power
- Amplifier Power: 50 watts x 2 rms
- Acoustic Design
- Tweeter: 3/4″ (19mm), Aluminum Dome with Ferrofluid, Neodymium Magnet
- Woofer: 5.25″ (100mm) Cone, Rubber Surround, Steel Basket
- Analog: 3.5mm, Phono MM
- Digital: Optical, USB,
- Wireless: aptX™ Bluetooth
- Design Type: Bass Reflex
- Cabinet: MDF
- Cabinet Sleeve: Vinyl
- Baffle Front: MDF
- Grille: Perforated Metal
- Size (W x H x D)
- Net Dimensions: 6 3/4” x 11 2/5” x 9 1/2” (170 x 290 x 240mm)
- Net Weight: 21.5 lbs (9.75 kg)
- Shipping Dimensions: 18 3/8” x 13 3/8” x 15” (467 x 340 x 381mm)
- Shipping Weight: 23.6 lbs (10.71 kg)