Rega's flagship CD player is a product manufactured to the highest achievable quality inside and out. The Isis features discrete class A operational amplifiers and filters optimised for sonic performance. Using twin Burr Brown DACs running in parallel dual mono mode, offering wide dynamic range with low distortion. Each laser mechanism is graded and matched to the servo circuit. The Isis is available in two versions, valve based and solid state (as shown above).
This revolutionary player has been five years in design. Rega, together with its design partners have pioneered a highly advanced servo controller that uses the latest signal processing techniques to ensure that the raw data that is recovered from the disc is of the very highest quality. Because our fully digital servo can use highly advanced algorithms, the laser spot is kept in the optimum position for data recovery in terms of focus, size and tracking.
Extra Error Correction
Previous chip-sets always made compromises on error correction. Formerly it was possible to have good jog resistance or better musical performance. The Rega chip-set allows optimum musical performance and optimised jog /vibration resistance
Super-stable phase lock loop
The entire IC is clocked via a very special PLL of their own design. This allows better CD data recovery as well as a big improvement in the quality of the data delivered to the DAC.
Low noise digital design
In the design of the CPU IC, they went to great lengths to ensure that the data and address bus noise was kept to an absolute minimum. This ensures the ground and signal connections to the DAC are as 'clean' as is possible.
Allowing direct connection to a laptop or PC via a USB A-B lead to stream internet radio, MP3 or WMA files directly from your computer via the high quality Isis internal DAC. The USB input uses an isolated double-clocked USB interface, which permits the digital to analogue stage to be used with a computer USB interface and its own regulated power supply. The USB benefits once again from galvanic isolation from the main circuitry of the Isis player which eliminates the flow of earth currents between the CD and host computer, and eliminate computer power supply noise.
The Isis will analyse each disc on an individual basis. During the initialising period (rather like the engine management system on a modern car which optimises the engine settings to temperature, fuel quality etc.), the Isis will adjust itself to each disc in order to give optimal trouble free reading. For this reason the Isis will often play discs with marks or scratches that other players cannot read.
- Discrete Class A operational amplifiers and filters
- Optimised for sonic performance
- Low noise, high drive capability and gain bandwidth
- Careful design of the PCB’s
- MP3 and WMA media capabilities
- Audio grade electrolytic capacitors
- Solid Polymer capacitors
- Rega ‘K Power’ smoothing capacitors
- Enhanced and optimised control code
- High performance discrete Class A current to voltage amplifier
- Wide dynamic range, low distortion
- The mechanism is graded and matched to the servo circuits
- Rega custom designed and CNC machined aluminium case work
- High quality anodised finish
- Aesthetic black chrome facia and lid
- CNC machined matching remote control
- Two Burr Brown PCM 1794 digital to analogue converters, running in parallel dual mono mode
- 10 separate power supply regulators are used in both the analogue and digital circuits
- 50 VA transformer
- Laser: Semiconductor Laser
- Wavelength: 780nm
- Digital Sampling Frequency: 44.1 kHz
- Power Consumption: 23w Solid State
- Mains Voltage @50/60Hz: 230v(nominal) 205v-255v(range) 115v(nominal) 105v-125v(range)
- Phone: 2.2V Source Impedance 560Ω
- XLR: 4.4V Source Impedances 560Ω
- Co-Axial Digital: 0.5V Source Impedances 75Ω
- Toslink Compatible Output
- USB: 16bit 44.1/48kHz
- THD+Noise: <0.0013%
- Frequency Response: 17Hz - 20Hz +/-1.0dB
- Required Space for Operation: Height of 23.62”
- Main Fuses 230V version: Analogue: T-500ma / Digital: T-500ma
- Main Fuses 115V version: Analogue: T-1A / Digital: T-1A
- Remote Batteries: AAA x 2 (supplied)
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 17.09 x 13.78 x 4.41”
- Weight: 41.88 lbs
- EAN: 5056186701403
- MPN: CD-ISIS-BLK-USA