The new Planar 2 was developed over the past two years alongside the recently released Planar 3. Featuring the brand new RB220 tonearm which is packed with groundbreaking new features.
A new 24v, low noise motor, acrylic laminated plinth, newly designed central bearing and so much more. Every feature of this innovative new turntable is designed to extract the maximum amount of information and detail from your vinyl collection.
Featuring the brand new RB220 tonearm which is packed with groundbreaking new features. Incorporating new ultra low friction, Rega designed, bespoke, zero play ball bearings (Patent Pending), housed within a brand new, stiffer and lightweight bearing housing which was developed with a new automatic bias setting negating the need for the user to set bias, making it almost completely plug and play apart from simple arm balancing. The new housing also includes an integrated arm clip and uses Rega's latest custom aluminium arm tube.
- New 11mm self securing brass bearing (Patent Pending) offering improved fit and less stress on the bearing preventing the transfer of potential energy
- New 24v low noise, low vibration motor assembly and new PCB
- New float glass ‘Optiwhite’ 10mm – Improved accuracy platter
- Re-designed feet - New improved foot assembly to increase stability and reduce vibration transfer
- Carbon cartridge - supplied as standard on all Planar 2’s for simple plug and play convenience
- Motor cover tray - with integrated cooling
- Optional lid / plinth protectors - supplied to prevent marks on the plinth and keep it looking its best
- Motor: low-noise 24V AC Single-phase brushless
- Power Supply: No
- Available Finishes: Gloss black, white, or red
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17.60 x 4.61 x 14.17
- Weight: 12.13 lbs
- Drive Method:
- Belt Drive
- 33-1/3 RPM, 45 RPM
- Wow and Flutter:
- Not Specified
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio:
- Not Specified
- Rega RB220
- Rega Carbon
- Dimensions (WxHxD):
- 17.59" x 4.6" x 14.17"
- 12.12 lbs
The Rega P2 is everything I hoped it would be. It sounds great in my system. What more can I say. If you are looking for a turntable that sounds amazing for the price, go for it.
It was easy to set up and preforms flawlessly. I haven’t had a turntable in 30 plus years and I didn’t remember how unique the sound is. Bob Dylan never sounded so good.