An acoustically adaptable in-ceiling speaker
Revel's C583 in-ceiling speaker combines accurate sound with versatile installation options. Its 1" aluminum dome tweeter is aimable, so you can direct sound towards your listening position. The tweeter also has a three-position output level switch, which lets you tailor the sound to the acoustics of your room.
The C583 is an excellent choice for an in-ceiling stereo system, or as an overhead effects channel of a Revel home theater system. Its 8" woofer provides solid bass and smooth midrange. It even includes both square and round grilles to match your décor.
Revel C583 in-ceiling speaker
The Revel C583 in-ceiling speaker features a three-position tweeter level control which cuts or boosts high-frequency output to suit your room's acoustics.
The C583 benefits from the research and design work that went into Revel's higher-end in-ceiling speakers. For instance, the speaker's integrated tweeter waveguide helps provide great sound across a wide listening area. And its high-order crossover network allows the woofer and tweeter to blend together seamlessly.
The C583 also features high-quality push-post input terminals for a solid connection with your speaker wire. A lifetime warranty ensures excellent long-term performance.
Who is Revel?
Revel is one of the high-performance audio companies of global electronics giant Harman International. Since 1996, Revel has used cutting-edge design tools and one-of-a-kind testing facilities to develop speakers that measure well and sound amazing. The intensive design work happens at Harman's state-of-the-art speaker R & D facility in Northridge, California.
- ideal for an in-ceiling music system or overhead surround effects in a home theater system
- 8" micro-ceramic composite (MCC) woofer with cast-aluminum frame
- long-throw woofer design with rubber surround for high output and low distortion
- 1" aluminum dome tweeter
- three-position tweeter level control cuts or boosts high-frequency output to ideally suit your room's acoustics
- integrated waveguide provides excellent on- and off-axis performance
- tweeter is aimable to direct high-frequency details towards you
- high-order crossover network delivers accurate timbre reproduction
- recommended amplifier power: 10-135 watts
- includes both round and square zero-bezel magnetic grilles
- grilles are paintable to match your décor
- sensitivity: 88 dB
- speaker cutout diameter: 9-5/8"
- mounting depth: 5-1/4"
- square grille dimensions: 10-3/4"W x 10-3/4"H
- weight: 2.8 lbs.
- warranty: lifetime
What's in the box:
Revel C583 owner's manual
Round scrim cloth
Square scrim cloth
4 Self-adhesive foam strips