The Revel F328Be is the flagship floorstanding loudspeaker from our award-winning PerformaBe series. The F328Be includes a 1-inch (25mm) beryllium tweeter driven by massive 85mm dual ceramic magnets. The powerful all-new tweeter and 6th-generation ceramic-coated, cast-aluminum Acoustic Lens waveguide seamlessly integrate with the directivity of the companion midrange driver resulting in greater efficiency, improved dynamic range, reduced distortion, and increased power handling compared to aluminum or titanium tweeters.
Beryllium - Element 4 on the Periodic Table - is a rare earth metal that is renowned for its remarkable physical properties that make it the ideal material for a high-frequency transducer. Compared to aluminum and titanium tweeter diaphragms, Beryllium offers 4.5 times the stiffness and three times more damping, and does so at only half of the weight. Beryllium tweeters are the centerpiece of the Revel PerformaBe loudspeaker series.
The 5.25-inch (130mm) midrange and triple 8-inch (200mm) aluminum cone woofers utilize Deep Ceramic Composite (DCC) cones for improved performance. DCC is a plasma electrolytic oxidation process that uses a plasma discharge to create a coarse ceramic coating on both sides of the aluminum core. The deep ceramic layers sandwiching the aluminum core provide constrained layer damping that push cone breakup modes outside of the passband allowing the driver to maintain ideal pistonic motion throughout its range. DCC cones combine with optimized motor magnetics to deliver improved mid- and low-frequency performance.
PerformaBe crossover networks utilize all film capacitors and air core inductors in the midrange and tweeter circuits. These premium components allow Revel's world-class engineers to extract nuances and details from music that would otherwise be lost. Combined with traditional Revel high-order crossover slopes and proprietary Acoustic Lens waveguide geometry, transducer integration is seamless.
F328Be top panels are painted in stylish metallic black with raised electroform badging. The loudspeakers are available in a choice of four high-gloss finishes for seamless integration into any décor: Black, White, Walnut, and Silver.
- Flagship Floorstander for the PerformaBe Range
- 1-inch Beryllium Dome Tweeter
- 6th-generation Acoustic Lens Waveguide
- Deep Ceramic Composite (DCC) Cone Midrange and Woofers
- High-order Crossovers with Film Capacitors and Air Core Inductors
- Magnetically Attached Grilles
- 4 Premium High-gloss Finishes Available
- Type: 3-way triple 8" floorstanding loudspeaker
- Low-frequency transducer: Three 8" (200mm) Deep Ceramic Composite aluminum cones, with cast frames
- Midrange transducer: 5-1/4" (130mm) Deep Ceramic Composite aluminum cone, with cast frame
- High-frequency transducer: 1" (25mm) Beryllium dome, with acoustic lens waveguide
- Recommended amplifier power range: 50 – 300 watts
- Frequency response: 26Hz - 40kHz (-6dB)
- Low-frequency extension: 24Hz (-10dB); 26Hz (-6dB); 35Hz (-3dB)
- Nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- Sensitivity (2.83V/1m): 91 dB
- Crossover frequencies: 240Hz; 2.1kHz
- Enclosure type: Bass-reflex via dual rear-mounted ports
- Inputs: Dual gold-plated binding posts with shorting straps
- Available high-gloss finishes: Black, White, Metallic Silver, and Walnut
- Dimensions with base and grille (H x W x D): 50.9" x 13.5 " x 17.6" (1294mm x 341.3mm x 448.5mm)
- Product Weight: 112.6 lbs (51kg)