Revel M106 and M105 low-frequency transducers feature distortion reduction mechanisms that stabilize the flux field during operation, assuring low distortion even at high listening volumes. These precision transducers utilize ribbed aluminum cones for ideal piston-like behavior that eliminates a major source of resonances that are clearly audible in most other loudspeakers. Their cast aluminum frames eliminate another source of resonances that is common in many lesser-quality loudspeakers.
These loudspeakers employ a sophisticated fluid-model designed low-frequency port with identical flares on both ends. This greatly minimizes dynamic compression and port-generated noise, assuring low-distortion low-frequency performance.
The M106 and M105 tweeter has been created around a newly designed motor and dome assembly that sets a new standard of transparency for speakers anywhere near the Performa3âs class. The tweeterâs integrated acoustic lens waveguide is based on a breakthrough mathematical approach that accurately matches the tweeterâs dispersion to that of the low-frequency transducer in the crossover region. This gives the loudspeaker very smooth sound far off-axis â an important contributor to overall sound quality, providing consistent sound over an exceptionally wide listening area. In fact, this new waveguide actually increases the tweeterâs dispersion at higher frequencies.
The M106 and M105 are housed in enclosures that are similar to our flagship Ultima2 Series. These fully-curved enclosures are inherently stiffer than conventional box shapes and are formed with contiguous wood layers that prevent splitting. They feature strategically-oriented bracing that eliminates the possibility of enclosure-induced coloration. These beautiful, modern enclosures are finished in high-gloss piano black, high-gloss piano white or genuine American walnut in a process (developed and overseen by Italian luxury cabinet makers) that exceeds automotive finish quality.
The loudspeaker grilles are designed to minimize sonic diffraction or veiling and provide a clean, subtle appearance. The magnetic grille attachment method completely eliminates ugly hardware on the loudspeaker baffle, so if you decide to use the loudspeakers without grilles they will look like they were designed to be used without grilles.
- Type: 2-way 6-1/2" bookshelf loudspeaker
- Low-frequency transducer: 6-1/2" (165mm) aluminum cone, with cast frame
- High-frequency transducer: 1" (25mm) aluminum dome, with acoustic lens waveguide
- Recommended amplifier power range: 50 – 150 watts
- Low-frequency extension: 39Hz (–10dB); 54Hz (–6dB); 59Hz (–3dB)
- Nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- Sensitivity (2.83V/1m): 87dB
- Crossover frequency: 2.3kHz
- Enclosure type: Bass-reflex via rear-mounted port
- Inputs: Gold-plated binding posts
- Available finishes: Piano black, high-gloss walnut
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 15" x 8-1/4" x 11" (381mm x 210mm x 278mm)
- Weight: 18.5 lb (8.4kg)