Take incredible sound everywhere with Roam. Enjoy music, voice control, and multiroom listening at home on WiFi, plus Bluetooth® streaming, all-day battery life, and waterproof durability on the go.
At A Glance
- Apple AirPlay 2
- Voice Control
- Size-defying sound
- 10-hour battery life
- IP67 waterproof
- Drop Resistant
A seamless listening experience, everywhere
Roam automatically connects to your home network and pairs with your phone when you're away. So all you have to think about is what to play.
10 hours of play time
Powered by a built-in rechargeable battery, Roam is ready to soundtrack your day, whether you want to unwind in the backyard or escape to the backwoods.
Sound that defies expectations
Precision-engineered acoustics deliver the clarity, depth, and fullness you would expect from a much larger speaker.
Tunes itself like magic
Using automatic Trueplay™ tuning, Roam smartly adapts to your surroundings and whatever you're listening to for sound that's astonishingly detailed and perfectly balanced.
Roam’s slim and thoughtful form blends beautifully into your home, while the lightweight ergonomic design makes it easy to handle.
Solidly constructed and rated IP67, Roam is drop resistant, waterproof up to three feet for 30 minutes, impervious to dust, and ready for any adventure.
Incredible from all sides
When positioned vertically, Roam has a minimal footprint, and the rounded triangular shape can tuck neatly into a corner anywhere space is at a premium.
Lay it horizontally for stability on uneven ground and Roam subtly directs the sound upward in the direction of your ears for a better listening experience.
Freedom of control
Use the app to browse and search across all your services, save favorites, set alarms, and discover new music on Sonos Radio.
Send sound directly from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac to Sonos using AirPlay 2, then ask Siri to turn it up or skip a song.
Get hands-free help from Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant. Just ask to play music, check news, control your smart home devices, and more.
Press the buttons on Roam to play, pause, adjust the volume, skip, replay, turn off the microphones, and manually switch to Bluetooth.
Wirelessly charge Roam with any Qi-certified charger or the included cable. Make charging a snap with our custom-designed Wireless Charger, featuring magnets for quick attachment.
Flexibility to expand your sound system
All our speakers work together on WiFi so you can create the system you want over time. Listen all around your home when you group speakers to play in sync, and pair matching speakers together in the same room for more detailed stereo sound.
Features and specs:
- 2 Class-H digital amplifiers perfectly tuned to the drivers and speaker's unique acoustic architecture.
- One tweeter creates a crisp high-frequency response.
- One mid-woofer ensures faithful playback of mid-range frequencies and maximizes low-end output.
- Far-field microphone array uses advanced beamforming and multi-channel echo cancellation enables quick voice assistant activation and automatic Trueplay™ tuning.
- Use the Sonos app to adjust bass, treble, and loudness.
- Dimensions and MISC
- IP rating: IP67 waterproof and dustproof (Can be submerged in water three feet for up to 30 minutes.)
- Dimensions - H x W x D: 6.61 x 2.44 x 2.36 inches, (168 x 62 x 60 mm)
- Status LEDs: LED above the logo displays the speaker's connection, indicates when the volume is muted, and signals errors. LED on the top cap indicates when the microphones are active. LED toward the bottom of the product indicates power and charge status
- Colors: Shadow Black or Lunar White with matte finish
- Finish: Matte
- Privacy: The microphone status LED is hardwired so you always know when the microphones are active.
- Weight: 0.95 lb (0.43 kg)
- Play/Pause: Press the play/pause button once to play, pause, or wake from sleep.
- Skip/Replay: Press the play/pause button twice to skip a track and three times to replay the previous track.
- Volume: Press the + button to increase the volume. Hold to ramp up volume. Press the – button to decrease the volume. Hold to ramp down the volume.
- Microphone: Press the microphone button to turn the microphones on and off. Press and hold to activate your voice assistant with push-to-talk while on WiFi.
- Power: Press the power button to sleep or power on. Press and hold for one second to connect to Bluetooth. Press and hold for five seconds to power off.
- Power & Networking
- USB Port: USB-C 15W, 5V/3A
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0 supports audio streaming from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, tablet, computer, or other device.
- CPU: Quad Core, 1.4 GHz A-53
- Battery: 18Wh battery provides up to 10 hours of continuous playback on a single charge.
- Apple AirPlay 2: Works with AirPlay 2 on Apple devices iOS 11.4 and higher.
- Memory: 1GB SDRAM, 4GB NV
- Charging: Charge with the included USB-C cable and any 5V/1A or 2.1A USB power adapter, a Qi-certified wireless charger, or the custom-designed Sonos Wireless Charger (sold separately).
- Voice: Works with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant.
- WiFi: Connects to WiFi network with any 802.11b/g/n/ac 2.4 or 5 GHz broadcast-capable router.
- Operating Temperature: 41°F to 95°F (5°C to 35°C)
- Sonos Roam
- USB-C to USB-A cable (3.9 ft/1.2 m)
- Quickstart Guide
- Legal Booklet
- Portable Speakers
- Portable Speakers