A 520 Watt Vibration-Free Performance Statement Designed Exclusively for In-Wall Applications
Powerful. Thoughtful. Formidable. That best describes the new Sunfire In-Wall 8 Subwoofer System. Wrapped in a cabinet so thin and sophisticated that you can use every one of those Watts with virtually no mechanical vibration whatsoever. Bass performance that can play your movies, music and games with the kind of accurate reproduction that shows no favoritism. A ‘Credit Card’ Sized Remote Control with One-Button, Pre-Programmed Sound Modes is included.
What allows the Sunfire In-Wall 8 to rock your world without rocking your drywall and your family’s nerves along with it? It's an exclusive Sunfire technology called StillBass®. Originally designed for the unbridled power of the SubRosa, StillBass allows Sunfire to pack more power and performance into our In-Wall subwoofers than any of those so-called ‘competitive’ products. Now, since the bass is what makes the biggest difference in your music, movies and games— the In-Wall 8 System is a force you’ll delight reckoning with. Designed for easy retrofit mounting and the paintable, removable grill attaches flush with magnets.
The HRS-IW8 Amp boasts 520 Watts RMS of power, can drive two of the HRS-IW8 Cabinets and includes the science of Sunfire's Frequency Filtration Design (FFD) for detailed fidelity playback for all source content.
- Amplifier designed exclusively for the Sunfire HRSIW8 in-wall subwoofer
- 500 Watt, all-discrete Class-D switching amplifier for maximum robustness
- DSP system equalization for perfect frequency response
- DSP adjustable crossover with 40-160 Hz range and your choice of 12-36 dB/octave slopes
- DSP adjustable subsonic filter adjustable from flat to 40 Hz
- DSP adjustable phase
- DSP soft limiter prevents any clipping at the speaker and limits to 1.5% THD
- Two line-level XLR balanced inputs
- Two line-level RCA unbalanced inputs
- Five-way gold-plated speaker binding posts
- DSP settings can be locked/unlocked
- DSP display includes graphic volume display
- DSP menus and settings can be scrolled through and selected by the front panel knob and IR remote control
- Storage and recall of DSP settings
- SUB/LFE mode control
- Smart standby power supply that servo-controls the main amplifier power for less than a half watt draw from the household mains during standby
- Oversized heatsink for cool operation with any music
- Discrete analog power supply with a large toroidal transformer for best reliability and least noise.
- Front panel and remote control adjustable volume control
Five EQ mode presets to enhance all types of media
- Night mode for reduced interference to other housemates when playing movies late into the night
- 12V trigger for advanced home system control
- Remote Infrared sensor jack for the custom home installer
- Audio sense timeout is adjustable from 5-30 minutes
- Amplifier Output: 520 watts rms into 4?
- High Cut Filter: 40 Hz - 160 Hz adjustable, with an LFE bypass position, 12 - 36 dB/octave adjustable slope
- Frequency Response: 33 Hz - 150 Hz (-3 dB)
- Power Line Voltage: US model: 120 VAC 50/60 Hz
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 1.75" (1U) x 19" x 11.2", 44.5 mm x 482.6 mm x 284.5 mm
- Weight: 13.5 lb. (6.12 kg)
- Output Levels: Greater than 106 dB peak SPL (includes room gain) Measurement is at 1 meter, anechoic
- Total Harmonic Distortion (amplifier): Less than 0.5% at 500W into 4?
- Input Sensitivity (full output): 23 mV rms at 38 Hz with volume control set to maximum
- Input Impedance: 49 k? for Line-Level input, 20 k? for XLR input
- XLR Input
- Pin 1 Ground
- Pin 2 Positive
- Pin 3 Negative
- 12 VDC Trigger Input
- Input voltage range: 2.2 -13 VDC
- Impedance: approx 2800? (4.2 mA @ 12 V), 3.5 mm mono minijack, tip positive.