Bigger is not always better
Not every room is right for a large-scale sound system. Sometimes, a small setup is just the perfect solution. But as the TEAC AI-501DA proves, small doesn't mean you have to settle. This compact integrated amp offers big performance in a little package. Conservatively rated at 30 watts per channel, it packs enough power to drive bookshelf speakers to impressive levels with sound quality to match. Plus, it offers analog and digital connections, so you can enjoy playback from a computer, TV, and disc player in addition to other sources.
Turning digital files into sweet music
While some integrated amps aren't designed to handle digital audio sources, the AI-501DA will make the most of them. An audiophile-quality Burr-Brown digital-to-analog converter (DAC) offers exceptional levels of detail when you connect your computer via the asynchronous USB input. It's the perfect way to get top-notch sound quality from your digital music library — especially high-resolution files. This amp can decode files with sampling rates up to 24-bit/192kHz, for outstanding depth and dynamic range that can make your speakers sound their best. Optical and coaxial digital audio inputs let you connect other sources like a TV, CD or Blu-ray player, or a network streaming device like a Sonos CONNECT.
Energy-efficient Class D design
A rugged steel chassis, aluminum front and top panels, and dual level meters give the AI-501DA a classic look and a solid feel (shown in Black).
The AI-501DA uses an innovative amplifier design that's robust and energy efficient. A toroidal-core power transformer supplies the right dose of clean current, for low-noise playback. Class D amplification uses only the necessary power to give you clear, dynamic sound. This means the amp runs cool without a noisy internal fan, for quiet performance. It also offers more placement flexibility without having to make lots of extra room in a cabinet to ensure proper ventilation.
Craftsmanship is not dead
Though compact, this amplifier is rock-solid. Built on a steel chassis with aluminum panels, the AI-501DA is well protected from external vibrations that can introduce distortion into the signal. The front-panel level meters add a touch of hi-fi elegance and throwback style to this thoroughly modern design. Dim the lights, put on some tunes, and watch them dance deep into the night.
- 30 watts x 2 into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz)
- asynchronous USB input for music playback from a computer (requires free driver download for Windows® computers)
- plays high-resolution digital music files from your connected computer (PCM files up to 24-bit/192kHz)
- Burr-Brown 32-bit PCM5102 digital-to-analog converter for accurate, detailed playback of digital music
- large toroidal power transformer for low noise and high-current output
- innovative Class D amplifier design offers rich, robust sound and energy efficiency
- dual analog level meters with dimmable backlight
- 2 optical and 1 coaxial digital audio inputs
- 2 pairs of analog stereo inputs
- no phono input — to connect a turntable you'll need to add a phono preamp
- high-quality headphone amplifier with 1/4" jack
- steel chassis and aluminum panels minimize vibration for clean playback
- signal-to-noise ratio: 100 dB
- binding post speaker connectors
- detachable power cable
- remote control
- 11-7/16"W x 3-1/4"H x 10-7/16"D
- weight: 8.8 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AI-501DA (BK)
What's in the box:
TEAC AI-501DA owner's manual
- USB DAC amplifier
- 6' AC power cord
- Remote control (RC-1305)
- Two "AAA" batteries
- Owner's Manual (En/Fr/Sp)
- Caution note
- Installation Guide
- Warranty Card
- Integrated Amplifiers