Note: This item does not have a box.
Stream Audio via USB from Your Windows or Mac PC at Better-Than-CD Quality. With a Sleek Design and Compact Body the UD-H01 is the New Standard for a Modern Generation.
The TEAC UD-H01 brings high-end digital-to-analog conversion to an affordable package for component or computer audio playback. Three digital inputs are provided: coaxial, optical, and a USB 2.0 input for connection to Mac or Windows computers. These connect to a premium-quality Burr Brown PCM1795 dual DAC with up to 192kHz/32-bit audio resolution for the highest-quality sources. The device can receive data asynchronously meaning the timing signal is included reducing jitter to the absolute lowest level. Input sources can even be up-converted to higher sampling rates for smoother audio quality.
For output to powered speakers or an amplifier, a Muse 8920 dual operation line amplifier terminates to gold-plated phono or balanced XLR outputs. The output circuit is completely independent in the left and right sides for optimum channel separation and clear stereo imaging. A stereo headphone amp is also provided with independent volume control.
The perfect system for playback of high-res computer formats like FLAC, WAV and Apple Lossless, the TEAC UD-H01 enables high-quality audio playback in your home or office.
Streaming Digital Audio via USB Better-Than-CD Quality Playback
The UD-H01 digitally transfers audio source materials stored on a computer at up to 24bit/192kHz for streaming playback. The UD-H01 supports USB asynchronous mode, using the precise internal clock to control timing and eliminating jitter issues. This allows optimal playback of high-resolution digital audio files from playlists/libraries on your iTunes, Windows Media Player or similar playback programs.
192kHz Up-Conversion to Reduce Jitter Even Further
All digital input signals are converted to 192kHz via non-integral up-sampling, dramatically reducing jitter and allowing consistent D/A conversion based on the high-precision internal clock. ASRC conversion is used to produce a natural, 192kHz high-sampling rate digital audio signal.
Dual-Monaural Configuration with Independent Left/Right D/A Converters
The UD-H01 incorporates two BurrBrown PCM1795 D/A converters, one for each channel. The dual-monaural configuration eliminates interference between the channels for maximum performance from the D/A converters. A shunt-regulator circuit supplies the current to the D/A converters in order to eliminate ground noise generated by fluctuations in the supply voltage.
Refined Analog Circuit Design for a Simple Signal Path
The analog circuit design features a left/right symmetrical configuration to ensure signal paths of identical length for the left and right channels. The UD-H01 incorporates a MUSES 8920 FET input operational amplifier with outstanding I-V conversion performance for high-quality analog output, including headphones output.
High-Performance Power Supply to Guarantee the Maximum Performance from all Components and Circuits
The UD-H01 uses a high-capacity toroidal-core power supply transformer capable of providing a stable current with high efficiency. This minimizes flux leakage and eliminates noise generated by electromagnetic induction.
Ideal as a High-Quality Headphone Amplifier as well
The same high-quality operational amplifier used for line output is used for headphone amplifier output. A dedicated high-quality aluminum knob controls headphone volumes. This allows users to enjoy a high-sampling-rated digital audio in spaces with neighbors close by, or other situations where speaker playback might disturb others.
Input/Output Terminals for Incorporation into Full-Scale Hi-Fi Systems
The UD-H01 features coaxial and optical S/P DIF digital audio inputs and a USB port to allow use as a high-quality D/A converter. Output terminals include gold-plated RCA connectors, line-level output and XLR balanced output terminals for connection to a full-fledged high-end operation amplifier. The unit features a professional-style 3-pin power socket.
- D/A Converter: 32bit/192kHz(BurrBrown 1795) x 2
- USB Audio Input: High-Speed
- USB Transfer Mode: Asynchronous Mode
- Up-conversion Rate: 192kHz
- Connector: USB-B, RCA Coaxial, Tos-link Optica
- Supported Sampling Rate: 32/44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192kHz
- Supported Bit Rate: 16/24bit
- Analog Audio Output Connector
- XLR: Hot = 2, Output Impedance100 ohms
- RCA: Output Impedance:47 ohms
- XLR: 2.0Vrms(Gain:0dB, 1kHz, Full-scale, 1k ohms loaded)
- RCA: 2.0Vrms(1kHz, Full-scale, 1k ohms loaded)
- Frequency Response: 5Hz – 55kHz (+/-3dB, 192kHz)
- S/N Ratio: 115dB
- THD: 0.0015% (1kHz, 192kHz)
- Headphone Output
- Connector: Standard 6.3mm stereo jack
- Output Power: 45mW + 45mW (32 ohms loaded)
- Power Supply: EUR model:230V AC,50Hz, US model:120V AC,60Hz
- Power Consumption: 13W
- Size: 215(W) x 61(H)x 231(D)mm
- Weight: 1.5kg
- Standard Accessories: Power cord, RCA stereo audio cable, Owner's manual, Warranty card
- Operating system requirements
- Windows: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 * Windows XP Professional x64 Edition is not supported
- Macintosh: Mac OS X Snow Leopard, OS X Lion, OS X Mountain Lion