Please call 800-513-8555 for custom configurations. Note: Custom cables of 5 feet or less may not be returned and are considered a final sale.
This Double Star-Quad Geometry "Rocket" cable does not look normal on the outside, and it is not at all normal on the inside. A sophisticated combination of extraordinary materials and extremely refined design allows the Rockets to honor all types of music equally.
- Double Star-Quad Geometry: The relationship between conductors defines a cable's most basic electrical values (capacitance and inductance). However, even when those variables are kept in reasonably neutral balance, the particular geometric relationship between conductors greatly affects the sound. Star-Quad geometry is not only vastly superior to conductors run in parallel, but also to the same conductors as two twisted pairs.
- Solid Perfect-Surface Copper (PSC)/Long-Grain Copper (LGC) Conductors: This cable uses a carefully finessed combination of Long-Grain Copper (LGC) and extremely high-purity Perfect-Surface Copper (PSC). LGC has fewer oxides within the conducting material, less impurities, less grain boundaries and definitively better performance. The astonishingly smooth and pure PSC further eliminates harshness and greatly increases clarity.
- Carbon-based Noise- And Crosstalk-Dissipation System: This cable's negative conductors are covered with partially conductive Carbon-Loaded Polyethylene. This remarkable material reduces radio-frequency garbage being fed back into the amplifier. The sonic benefit is exactly the same reduction in "hash" and improved dimensionality that comes whenever RF interference is reduced in an audio circuit. In addition, a carbon layer damps interaction between positive and negative conductors, and an external Carbon-Based Noise-Dissipation System reduces external interference.
- Foamed-Polyethylene Insulation (For All Positive Conductors): Any solid material adjacent to a conductor is actually part of an imperfect circuit. Wire insulation and circuit board materials all absorb energy. Some of this energy is stored and then released as distortion. Tower, however, uses air-filled Foamed-Polyethylene Insulation on both conductors. Because air absorbs next to no energy and Polyethylene is low-loss and has a benign distortion profile, Foamed-PE, with its high air content, causes much less of the out-of-focus effect common to other materials
- Choice Of Suregrip Spade Or Suregrip 300 BFA/Banana Connectors
- Metal: Solid PSC / LGC
- Gauge: 14 AWG
- Geometry: Double Star-Quad
- Dielectric: Foamed-Polyethylene (For All Positive Conductors)
- Noise-Dissipation System: Carbon-Based Noise-Dissipation System
- Termination Options: Full-Range, Single-BiWire
- Standard Plug: Choice of SureGrip 300 Multi-Spade or BFA/Banana)
Upgraded from similarly priced competitor. The difference is so significant, it actual took me a couple of days to settle into the change. l think I liked my system just fine before; now I'm clearly (no pun intended) grieving the loss of noise I had grown accustomed to and hearing some things (detail) I've not heard before(?).