The PST-8 features Furman’s SMP circuit which incorporates Linear Filtering Technology (LiFT) and a high current TVZ-MOV to insure that any electronic device (including televisions, projectors, CD-DVD players, or computers) is fed clean, filtered AC power. This dramatically reduces noise, ensuring consistent peak performance from your equipment.
Typical AC filters feature antiquated non-linear circuits. Though these multiple stage filters or power cleaners reduce some noise, they do so unevenly. In fact, they can add noise to your power line due to their filter’s excessive resonant peaking. With Furman’s proprietary Linear Filtering Technology (LiFT), AC noise is suppressed evenly, assuring maximum performance from your system.
Additionally, today’s power grid commonly experiences numerous electrical surges and spikes on a daily basis. At best, these irregularities can degrade your equipment’s performance, and, at worst, can severely damage your entire system. Furman’s SMP circuit offers the highest degree of protection available without sacrificing itself or any of its components.
Conventional AC conditioners employing older technologies leak voltage to circuit ground which can, in fact, aid in damaging sensitive digital circuits such as computer processors. Furman’s new technology, however, never directs voltage to the circuit ground further ensuring the safety of your equipment.
Another feature that is unique to Furman’s SMP circuit is automatic extreme-voltage shutdown. Extreme voltages are statistically the most common, damaging AC event. The Extreme Voltage Shutdown circuit automatically turns off the unit when it is fed 137 volts or higher protecting itself and connected equipment from the extreme voltage. Only Furman offers this degree of protection! Add telco and cable /satellite transient voltage suppression, and you have what is, unquestionably, the most comprehensive protection available in a portable AC power conditioner.
- Line Voltage: 120 Volts
- Number of Outlets: 8
- Outlet Descriptions: All 8 outlets filtered and surge protected
- Control: On/Off control to all outlets through power switch.
- Compliance: C-UL (UL standard #1449, #1363)
- AC Power Cord: 8ft captive power cord with 36 degree NEMA 15 plug
- Dimensions: 3.75" W x 17.75" D x 2.7" H
- Power Consumption: 6 Watts
- UPC: 654061011897
- MPN: PST-8
- AC Protection
- AC Protection Technology: Extreme Voltage Shutdown, Series Multi-Stage Protection, Non-sacrificial protection with zero ground contamination
- Automatic Voltage Shutoff: Yes
- Over-Voltage Shutoff: 135 VAC
- Maximum Current Rating: 15 (AMPS)
- Initial Clamping Level: 188V Peak
- Filtration Technology: LiFT
- Filtration Rating: > 40 dB from 150 kHz - 100 MHz > 80dB from 100 kHz - 1GHz
- Signal Line Protection
- Signal Line Protection: 1 Tel, 1 Cable/Satellite
For Residents/Customers in California:
Follow this link for your Proposition 65 warning.