Designed exclusively for use with Klipsch KW-120-THX subwoofers, the KA-1000-THX is a THX Ultra2 certified monoblock power amplifier capable of 500 watts continuous output into 8 ohms (a single KW-120-THX subwoofer, for example) or 1,000 watts continuous into 4 ohms (two parallel connected KW-120-THXs). It incorporates front-panel controls for level, crossover frequency, phase, and room-gain compensation. The crossover can be bypassed to feed the amplifier directly from the subwoofer output of an A/V preamplifier, processor, or receiver. Line-level input and output connections are via gold-plated left/right RCA jacks. The amplifier has two parallel-wired speaker outputs with NL2 SpeakOn™ jacks for correct, secure cable connections.
Convenience features include a selectable signal-sensing auto-on/off circuit, a front-panel main power switch and LED status indicators for crossover and level control operation. Matching the look of Aragon home-theater components, the KA-1000-THX has a blackanodized, grained-aluminum front panel with aluminum control knobs. Premium electronic components are used throughout for sonic purity and reliability
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 20Hz-1kHz +0/-3dB
- ENCLOSURE TYPE: Use only with KW-120-THX subwoofer enclosures (either one or two
- AMPLIFIER: High-Efficiency Class D
- AMPLIFIER POWER: FTC Rated Power: 500W into 8 ohms, 1000W into 4 ohms, 20Hz-1kHz @ <1.5% THD Dynamic Power: 2050W into 8 ohms, 3025W into 4 ohms @ 5% THD
- AUTO POWER ON: 2 second ON delay, 15 minute OFF delay
- LOW PASS CROSSOVER: Continuously variable from 40-120Hz, 24dB/octave slope above 120Hz (non-THX mode)
- INPUTS: 2 Gold-plated RCA phono jacks
- OUTPUTS: 2 Gold-plated RCA phono jacks (unfiltered) / 2 Speakon® NL2 jacks
- PHASE: Continuously variable from 0 to 180 degrees
- DIMENSIONS: 4.75" (12.1cm) H x 17.5" (44.5cm) W x 12.25" (31.1cm) D
- WEIGHT: 27 lbs. (12.3kg)
- FINISH: Black anodized aluminum
- VOLTAGE: 110/120 VAC 60Hz
- EXPORT VOLTAGE: 230 VAC 50/60Hz
- FEATURES: THX On/Off, Boundary Gain Compensation On/Off
- *Dynamic power indicates the actual power this amplifier will deliver to the woofer under normal operating conditions. While the FTC power rating indicates power available on a continuous, long-term basis, subwoofers do not rely on that type of power. Instead, the amplifier is called upon to deliver large, short-term peaks of power to be able to support the wide dynamics required by today’s digital music and movie formats. In addition to the required FTC power rating, we’ve provided the dynamic power rating as a better indication of the product’s true performance.
For Residents/Customers in California:
Follow this link for your Proposition 65 warning.
- Subwoofer Amplifiers
- Subwoofer Accessories