Uniti Core represents the essence of digital music. It is a seriously powerful machine that will allow you to rip your entire CD collection, store up to 100,000 tracks, serve files to Uniti all-in-one players or other Naim streamers and create a back-up for all of your music. You can also use Uniti Core as a standalone digital source – simply connect it to a digital-to-analogue converter or an amplifier with digital inputs and control playback via the Naim app. Uniti Core is a fuss-free, no-compromise solution to ripping, storing, cataloguing and playing your entire music collection.
Under the Skin of Uniti Core
The compact, yet powerful Uniti Core is the perfect hub for your digital music collection. Every element of this dedicated music server – from the customised operating system, the enhanced ripping engine and the linear power supply to the low-vibration aluminium casework – has been engineered to deliver consistent, reliable performance and highest sound quality. Advanced Ethernet technology means that Uniti Core simply will not buckle under stress, enabling UPnP™ players on the network or a connected DAC to perform at their best.
Control Your Way
The new intuitive Naim app gives you effortless control over individual or multiple Uniti products. You can access all of your music, including ripped CDs and playlists, or explore artist discographies and biographies. Furthermore, you can now update your system with a single tap. The new app also allows you to control Uniti Core and Naim streaming products.
Whatever the source, NAIM’s revolutionary new Uniti players combine seamless digital technology with analogue soul for a sound that’s unmistakably Naim. Play, stream, rip and store entire music collections in flawless high-resolution. Then use NAIM’s custom-designed software to bring out every note of your music with true high-fidelity sound. New Uniti also gives you the option to sync up to eight Uniti systems or other Naim streamers and play music from any source in multiple rooms simultaneously. Or play different music in every room.
Bringing Uniti to Life
Conceived and built from the ground up by NAIM’s engineers and designers in Salisbury, England, Uniti remains true to NAIM’s core design principles. From the finned aluminum heatsinks (inspired by NAIM’s Statement flagship amplification system) to the brushed black aluminum casing, the new illuminated signature volume control and the beautifully lit base – every minute detail has been considered to deliver a beautiful aesthetic packed with features and technology whilst achieving reference-level sound quality. Uniti is a true masterpiece of industrial design.
- Audio Inputs
- USB: 2 x USB Type A Socket (front and rear)
- Audio Outputs
- Digital (S/PDIF): 1 x BNC S/PDIF
- Network: Ethernet (10/100/1000Mbps)
- Multiroom: Serve up to 12 network-connected players via UPnP™. Music stored locally on Uniti Core: 384k 32-Bit WAV, 24576kb/s: <3 streams, 384k 24-Bit WAV, 18232kb/s: <5 streams, 192k 24-Bit WAV, 9216kb/s: >12 streams, 44.1k 16-Bit WAV, 1411kb/s: >16 streams, Music stored on a NAS: 192k 24-Bit WAV, 9216kb/s: <8 streams
- Multiroom: Serve up to 4 network-connected players via UPnP™ at full CD quality.
Party Mode Streaming: Sync up to six Uniti all-in-one players or other Naim streamers and control via the Naim app.
- Updates: Update your system wirelessly via the Naim app.
- Ripping and Storage
- Storage: Store up to 100,000 tracks to internal (HDD or SSD - up to 8TB) or external Network Attached Storage or USB-connected storage and serve to a network-connected player.
- CD Ripping: Create bit-perfect copies of your CDs, store them internally and play back (external DAC or digital input amplifier needed).
- CD Formats: Audio CD (Red Book, CD and CD-R)
- Audio Formats: WAV - up to 32bits/384kHz, FLAC and AIFF - up to 24bit/384kHz, ALAC (Apple Lossless) - up to 24bit/384kHz, MP3 - up to 48kHz, 320kbit (16 bit), AAC - up to 48kHz, 320kbit (16 bit), OGG and WMA - up to 48kHz (16 bit), DSD - 64 and 128Fs. Notes: Gapless playback supported on all formats.
- Auto Standby time: User selectable: adjustable from off up to 24 hours
- Power Consumption: Typical Use (no storage attached): 6.7W, Network Standby (no storage attached): <2W, Deep Sleep: <0.5W, Network Standby (with internal or USB HDD attached): > 15W*. *Actual power consumption will vary depending on the size and type of attached internal HDD or USB devices. Note: Power consumption will be increased with the addition of user fitted storage (typical increase of approximately 8W for an internal HDD, dependant on the specification of storage
- Mains Supply: 115V, 230V; 50 or 60Hz
- User Control
- App Control: Naim App for iOS and Android
- Dimensions: 95mm x 214mm x 265mm (HxWxD)
- Weight: 7kg
- Finishes: Brushed and anodised aluminium
- Supplied with: Power-Line Lite mains cable (UK only), standard mains cable (international markets), cleaning cloth, drive caddy screws, BNC to Phono Connector and quick start guide.
Please note: not sold with an internal hard drive - features a removable caddy into which an HDD or SSD can be installed
- Mains Cable: Power-Line Lite mains cable (UK denominations only)
- Certification and Licenses
- Certification: Rovi, NTFS, HFS+